Create JSD automations for issues that are imported through External CSV Importer

Mary Sage May 21, 2021

It is possible to update the SLAs for issues that you import. 

However, how do you create the triggers or conditions for the automations from JIRA Service Desk that are fired for these imported issues?

Here's a scenario:

I have an SLA that is created when I move an issue to 'In Progress' and breaches after 30 days.  I made an automation to trigger when the SLA is breached to send an email.

When I import a ticket that is 'In Progress' the SLA is made correctly after I execute 'Update SLA's.  But the automation is never created, so no emails will be sent.

I'd like to know how to create the automation.

Thanks for any help.

1 answer

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Hi Mary,

It sounds like you would create an Automation rule with a trigger based on a new issue getting created. Is that what you are looking for? 

Mary Sage May 21, 2021

No.  I want the automations to be in place after the import.

For example, if I have an SLA that is created when I move an issue to 'In Progress' and breaches after 30 days.  I made an automation to trigger when the SLA is breached to send an email.

When I import a ticket that is 'In Progress' the SLA is made correctly after I execute 'Update SLA's.  But the automation is never created, so no emails will be sent.

I'd like to know how to create the automation.

Thanks,

Mary

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 21, 2021

Importing a ticket implies that you are creating a ticket. What do you mean by "import"?

Mary Sage May 21, 2021

I'm using the utility under Admin --> System --> External System Import

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/import-data-from-a-csv-file/

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 21, 2021

Is the import just updating an existing issue? Or is it creating new issues? 

Mary Sage May 24, 2021

Both.

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 27, 2021

So I would create an automation that fires when a new issue is created and the status is In Progress. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events