Confiform - Show the latest version of attachments only

Stacy Witt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 29, 2021

Is there a setting so that Confiforms card view will show only the latest version of each attachment? For example, I have an attachment with 4 versions of the one attached and the card view is showing the attached 4 times instead of once with the latest version. (I've even tried deleting old versions but deleting seems to wipe out all attached from the field even attachments with different names get deleted.)

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

Hi

On server/dc version you can have this option selected in the ConfiForms Field Definition macro for file/attachment field type.

On cloud version there is no such option and links are kept to exactly the version of the file uploaded with form submit

Alex

Stacy Witt
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
September 29, 2021

What is the option? "Always use the latest version of the attachment. When unchecked the field will use the version of the attachment associated on upload" is checked within the actual form configuration.

Alex Medved _ConfiForms_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 29, 2021

Yes, that is the option.

(you seems to be using server version of the plugin, while the question is marked as "cloud")

Anyway - here is how the option works (you can see that I upload same filenames, but different files twice - and you can see how the file/attachment field behaves when this option is set on or off)

http://recordit.co/eEGI529mcP

(generally, I would suggest to avoid removing the attachment versions, especially if they are referenced by ConfiForms records)

Alex

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events