Cannot create a Jira issue from Salesforce when including the 'Status' field in the binding./

Alex Baker May 11, 2021

I am using Service Rocket in order to integrate Salesforce and Jira.

My problem is, I cannot create a Jira issue from Salesforce when including the 'Status' field in the binding.  

The ERROR i get is: 

JIRA VALIDATION FAILED

status: Field 'status' cannot be set.  It is not on the appropriate screen,  or unkonwn.

Note: when the 'status' field is excluded from the binding, it works fine.

Other relevant info: 

- If i associate an existing issue with a Salesforce case this works fine.

- If i update the status in jira, the status is updated in Salesforce fine

- If i update the status in Salesforce, nothing happens in Jira

2 answers

1 vote
SitiHajar_Appfire July 31, 2023

Hi Alex,

Hajar here from the support team. As mentioned, the Status sync from Jira to Salesforce is working fine thus, we are suspecting a few issues as follows:

1. The change of status does not have an existing workflow in Jira which may result in the error
2. Status values are different between Salesforce and Jira which causes the value not to be synced with the native Jira Status

Do also take note that as Status is a native Jira field, the values cannot be pushed directly from Salesforce to Jira. Thus, we do have the workaround to implement this here:

https://apps-docs.servicerocket.com/salesforce-jira/automation-for-jira-status-field-with-salesforce-s

Hope this clarifies and if you have any issues implementing this, do reach out to us here!

0 votes
Gonchik Tsymzhitov
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 31, 2023

Hi! 

you need to map status inside of binding

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events