CSV Upload for Test (Issue) creation with exection

Kev Trasler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 19, 2021

I want to be able to do the following: (I have JIRA Xray)

1. Mass upload and issues (i.e. Story) - DONE

2. Mass upload a test linked to the above story - DONE

However, is it possible to upload a story, and a test linked at the same time?

3. Mass upload/create a test execution. ?

There are no test sets or anything to upload. I just want a Story, with a test, with an execution, which I can then PASS, FAIL etc

1 answer

0 votes
Rogério Paiva - Xray Xporter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 28, 2021

Hi @Kev Trasler 

It is not possible to upload all in a single request, but you may create a script using both Xray and Jira REST API to perform both actions in a single operation.

Here is the Xray REST API documentation link: https://docs.getxray.app/display/XRAYCLOUD/API

If you need further help, please contact the Xray Support (http://xraysupport.xpand-it.com).

Kind regards,
Rogério Paiva [Xray Support Team]

Kev Trasler
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
March 29, 2021

Hi

Thanks for the reply. After more searching I realised this was the case so started to make use of the APIs.

I've now working a useful helper app that will create the story, create a test - added to a test plan, and then finally create a test execution. I only need the ability to run a simple test, pass or fail etc, so I have not done anything with test steps yet, but that may come.

Some really usefull APIs that make using JIRA/Xray far better.

Thanks

Kev

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events