I have just started evaluating Big Picture PM for Jira.
I have used Jira a fair bit, so I am used to it's structure and hierarchies.
1. created jira tasks.
2 included the tasks for the jira project in a program box for BPPM.
3. created some dependencies/links between tasks in the Gantt chart.
4. discovered that I had used the wrong program box type.
5. removed the scope from the existing box and created a new box.
6. added the project (and jira tasks) to the new box.
7. as expected dependencies didn't exist. When I try to create dependencies for the tasks that had dependencies in the old box I get the following error message.
Link wasn't created for request:LinkCreateRequest: id:null 2@1@10006->2@1@10007, linkType:FINISH_START, lag: 0, asap mode: true
Creating dependencies for tasks that didn't previously have any works. I suspect there are orphaned records from the previous box that are stopping the new links due to ref integrity constraints.
Indeed, in BigPicture we use an integrity check process that resolves issues like the one mentioned above.
Also, there is a possibility to demand the process if necessary. Please go to Jira Administration >> Apps >> BigPicture Technical Configuration >> Advanced >> and click "Fix Integrity Checker errors.
Hello Community! I hope you've been enjoying the 🍂Apptoberfestivities🍂 (I know I have!) The event is heating up next week with a series of virtual events that we're calling the 🍻🍂Partner App ...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events