Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backbone issue sync - possibilities of use

Marek Vejrosta August 2, 2021

How did you find the app?

If you hire an external development team, you have to pay for their work (according to the MD rate), but you are also usually asked to provide them with your Jira licenses, which results in additional costs for your company. We tried to find another way, so we started to synchronize Jira issues for these external development teams between the company's Jira and the external team’s Jira using Backbone Issue Sync for Jira.

What did you use it for?

There are many possibilities, how to use this app. You can connect the L1 customer support project in one Jira with the L2 and L3 customer support project in the Jira of an external company. Or the product owner can communicate with development teams this way. Alternatively the project manager distributes the tasks between many contractors to their Jira instances.

Which team used it?

Our customers usually use this app for synchronization between more Jira instances (1:N), there’s a product owner on one side and the development and testing teams on the other side (agile development team).

What would happen if you didn’t have it?

If we do not use these integrations, we would see a steep increase in administration. We would also lose transparency. We would end up forcing users to access the multiple Jira and duplicate information. This would result in frustration and errors, which is unthinkable in many cases today.

1 comment

Comment

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 2, 2021

Hey Marek,

thanks a lot for letting us know about how you've used Backbone Issue Sync. I wish you all the best on the hunt for the Gold Medal for the Atlympics.

If you ever need help, you know where to find us via help@k15t.com.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Like # people like this
Marek Vejrosta August 5, 2021

Hi Mathias,
I'm working on how to synchronize the original and remaining estimate between server-cloud instances. I would ideally need both sides.
It is possible for reading, but it is not ideal. Don't have any tips?
Thanks

Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 5, 2021

@Marek Vejrosta,

I've just verified it myself that it is possible to synchronize these values. Please make sure that you select the Remaining Estimate field and not Σ Remaining Estimate, resp. Original Estimate instead of Σ Original Estimate.

In addition, you should make sure that you have the "field" Time Tracking added to your edit screens of both projects. This field wraps the original and remaining estimate fields.

Does that help?

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events