Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Backbone Issue sync - create linked issue or add a comment

Edited

Hi Folks,

I'm new to Backbone issue sync.

I've configured a connection between 2 projects and the fields and status settings are working exactly how I want them. However, my agents want a quicker and easier way to view the sync'd issue key.

Is there a way to get the Synced with number to display as a Linked Issue or add it as an internal comment,

I'm happy to set up an automation I just need to know how because I can't find an automation that allows me to grab data from the Backbone Sync field.

View Issue screen.jpg

Syncd with Key.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Anthony R

thank you for using Backbone. I'm part of the team behind the app. There are various ways to do what you've asked for:

• Show issue key in a custom text field
    You can configure a text field in the advanced settings of Backbone - and Backbone will automatically populate it with the issue key of the other project. Check out our docs and look for sync.correlationFieldId.
  • Create an issue link for synchronized issues
    That has also been requested by other users, we're keeping track of the feature request here.
  • Use automation to perform your action of choice
    The information Backbone shows in the sync info panel is stored in an issue property which you can access and process to your needs.

Since you've requested that automation solution, I go deeper into that. The information you're looking for is stored in an issue property called k15t.backbone.syncinfo. In order to view it, you can access it via a link like https://k15t.jira.com/rest/api/3/issue/BAC-1106/properties/k15t.backbone.syncinfo. The issue key of the other project is saved into the remoteIssueKey field.

So for an automation to read the issue key, I'd use this smart value (as long as this issue is only synchronized with one issue):

{{issue.properties."k15t.backbone.syncinfo".remoteIssueKey}}

You may use this smart value then to create an issue link, add a comment, include it into some other field - as you wish.

I hope that helped. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Apps & Integrations

Marketplace Partner Spotlight: AppLiger

This month the spotlight is on AppLiger. We caught up with Pavel Pavlovsky, CEO and Product Manager, to learn how the company started and what fuels the team's creativity.    Atlassian:...

357 views 0 7
Read article

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you