Backbone Issue sync - create linked issue or add a comment

Anthony R May 4, 2022

Hi Folks,

I'm new to Backbone issue sync.

I've configured a connection between 2 projects and the fields and status settings are working exactly how I want them. However, my agents want a quicker and easier way to view the sync'd issue key.

Is there a way to get the Synced with number to display as a Linked Issue or add it as an internal comment,

I'm happy to set up an automation I just need to know how because I can't find an automation that allows me to grab data from the Backbone Sync field.

View Issue screen.jpg

Syncd with Key.jpg

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matthias Gaiser _K15t_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2022

Hi @Anthony R

thank you for using Backbone. I'm part of the team behind the app. There are various ways to do what you've asked for:

• Show issue key in a custom text field
    You can configure a text field in the advanced settings of Backbone - and Backbone will automatically populate it with the issue key of the other project. Check out our docs and look for sync.correlationFieldId.
  • Create an issue link for synchronized issues
    That has also been requested by other users, we're keeping track of the feature request here.
  • Use automation to perform your action of choice
    The information Backbone shows in the sync info panel is stored in an issue property which you can access and process to your needs.

Since you've requested that automation solution, I go deeper into that. The information you're looking for is stored in an issue property called k15t.backbone.syncinfo. In order to view it, you can access it via a link like https://k15t.jira.com/rest/api/3/issue/BAC-1106/properties/k15t.backbone.syncinfo. The issue key of the other project is saved into the remoteIssueKey field.

So for an automation to read the issue key, I'd use this smart value (as long as this issue is only synchronized with one issue):

{{issue.properties."k15t.backbone.syncinfo".remoteIssueKey}}

You may use this smart value then to create an issue link, add a comment, include it into some other field - as you wish.

I hope that helped. Let me know if you have further questions.

Cheers,
Matthias.

Silvia August 5, 2022

This worked great! Thank you for suggesting this.

Like Matthias Gaiser _K15t_ likes this
0 votes
Diana_Architect_ZigiWave
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
August 16, 2022

@Anthony R hello there! Glad to hear you've resolved your issues fast. If you decide to switch the integration approach and tool, feel free to check out ZigiOps. It's a no-code platform that can help you integrate jira with a variety of systems in no time, and transfer/sync various data/entities. If you want to know more about ZigiOps, feel free to book a demo to see how it works. 

Regards, Diana (ZigiWave)

0 votes
Dhiren Notani_Exalate_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 7, 2022

Hi @Anthony R ,

This is Dhiren from Exalate.

Exalate, provides a fully bi-directional synchronization between Jira(Cloud,Server,Data Center) and Jira(Cloud,Server,Data Center) among other ITSM systems that is fully customizable. It is easy to set up and the entire customization can be configured using a no-code interface. It also provides a Groovy based scripting engine for limitless customizability.

You can even integrate between Jira Software, Jira Service Management (Service Desk) and sync issues inside projects back and forth to achieve your integration requirements.

Exalate provides a flexible synchronization engine such that issues are automatically and securely synced - between multiple Jira's - wherever hosted. Benefit from a unified view and integrated workflow!

Use cases supported:

• Service Desk to Service Desk
  • Service Desk to Software
  • Agile Board Cooperation
  • Ticket Tunnels
  • Information Consolidation
  • Centralized Master Instance
  • Migration
  • Support and development

If you would like to see a customized demo of the product in action, feel free to book a slot with us. 

Thanks
Dhiren

Saralie S.
Community Manager
Community Managers are Atlassian Team members who specifically run and moderate Atlassian communities. Feel free to say hello!
August 8, 2022

@Dhiren Notani_Exalate_  Please review our guidelines for Marketplace and Solution Partners , specifically: 

• Identify yourself as a partner: Make sure the user is aware you are affiliated with a partner company; for example, by placing the name of your company in your user name in {curly brackets} or -dashes-  

Please disclose your association to the marketplace app you've linked and update your profile !

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events