Automation on attribute date (Insight Cloud)

Ronald Bouman August 26, 2021

Hello, I am new to JIRA Insight (Cloud) and am trying to set up an automation on an Object Type. Basically I have set up a Software Asset Management schema, the Object Type is named Software Application and I created a list of Objects with Attributes. One of the Attributes is called Licence Expiration Date and the type is Date. 

So it looks like this. 

Schema: Software Asset Management

Object Type: Software Application

Object:  Adobe Pro DC

Symantec

Microsoft Server 2013

Filezilla

Etc.

Attribute: Licence Expiry Date (type Date)

I am trying to set up an Automation that lists all Objects of which the Licence Expiration Date is 30 days or less from the date value. 

The schedule is set to run daily at 9am. 

The Lookup Object query is: objectType = "Software Application" and "Licence Expiration Date" < endOfMonth(-30d)

Then the action is to send en email listing all Objects that will expiry 30 days or less from the value set in the Attribute field. 

When I run the Automation it finds 0 objects, although one of the Licence Expiry Date is set for 2 Sep 2021 as a test.

I suspect the Query is wrong, so I appreciate some feedback on how to set this up. 

Thanks in advance. 

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Hakan Bahadir
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 26, 2021

Hi,

Could you please run the IQL in the Object Type screen in the advanced search menu? Do you see any results?

Instead of -30 try using 30 like:

objectType = "Software Application" and "Licence Expiration Date" < endOfMonth(30d)

Cheers

Hakan Bahadir

Solutions Engineer

Ronald Bouman August 26, 2021

Hahaha, that fixed it. Just one little character. Anyway, it found the one object that it was supposed to find. Now I need to configure my email so it has all the right information. 

Like Hakan Bahadir likes this
Brian Zelchau Lykke October 20, 2021

Where can I find the Global Rules?

Brian Zelchau Lykke October 20, 2021

Tried that but doesn't seem to direct me to the Global Rules, when I try to create a new rule

Nick Nader - Isos Technology
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2021

For this automation rule did you all use an IQL Condition after a Schedule Trigger? For some reason the IQL syntax box is greyed out for me when I attempt this, so I cannot use an IQL query as a condition. 

What am I missing here? 

Do I need to use the Issue Field tab? Why is the Object tab unusable here?

Edit: Nevermind, I see that you have to use an IQL branch not an IQL condition!

Like Dang Tran likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events