πŸ‘‰ Automatic Backup & Restore for Jira Software by Revyz Apptoberfest 2022 πŸ‚πŸ»

Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Backup-Dashboard-1.png

Happy Apptoberfest everyone!

We are brand new to this community!

Being a SaaS application administrator it is your responsibility to back up your data - reference - 

Atlassian Security Practices 

Atlassian Cloud Shared Responsibilities

We know how tedious and time consuming it is to backup your Jira Cloud site. We want to simplify your work as an Jira administrator and provide you with peace of mind of knowing that your data is safe i.e. even if it is accidentally or malicious deleted you can get your critical data back!

Thats why we at Revyz built an app for Automatic backups and stress-free data recovery for your Jira Software - Secure, Native and Compliant.

Daily and on-demand backups - Save time from manual exports and scripts with automated daily backups. Trigger on-demand backups for all or specific projects or objects including attachments. Monitor and report backup activity for compliance

Easy, Granular Restores - Reliably restore / download (json, csv) multiple issues & their attachments. Use our Jira native search, filters and previews to narrow down issues and configurations. Restore recently deleted issues with a single click

End to End Native Atlassian Experience - Administer natively inside Jira, no 3rd party apps or console.

Please support us with a like (thumbs up) or a comment. We would love to help protect your Jira Software site.

If you want to know more about Revyz Backup & Restore for Jira, you can check out the Atlassian Marketplace or the User Guide.

You can also book a free 30mins demo too! πŸ˜„

3 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 5, 2022

Awesome tool! It will probably become one of my favorite apps. If you want a way to restore deleted issues (in addition to simple backups and restores (of individual projects or system-wide), then this is the tool for you!

Plus Vish is super helpful!

Like β€’ # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Hi @Vish Reddy _Revyz_ 

I know some people who would like to get a hand on this app! It seems really easy to use and I could see it becoming a favorite for a lot of people. May I ask where does your app store the backup files? Does it backup the whole site, or is it possible to backup specific spaces? And what about the restore? Is it made using Jira's restore?

Thanx!

Like β€’ Vish Reddy _Revyz_ likes this
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ 

Thank you so much for looking through our post.

Couple of things to note:

• Our app supports Jira Software at this point in time, we have plans for JSM and Confluence
  • With our current Jira app you can select which specific projects you want to backup - by default it is all, you can make changes based on your needs
  • Data residency is a big concern for most people, as of today all the backed-up data is stored in AWS us-east-1,  we will be introducing support AWS frankfurt and sydney data centers later this quarter 
  • All the data is encrypted using typically used envelope encryption scheme reference - AWS doc on envelope encryption 
  • The scheme we have implemented is ready for giving encryption control to the owner of the data - we plan to support BYOK in line with when Atlassian introduces it. The gallery section in our app page shows our current scheme
  • As of today we are backing up all Jira Software projects, including attachments, comments etc.. please reference our list of supported objects as of today -  we are adding in support for more configuration objects over time
  • Our speciality is with granular restore i.e. you can restore a single issue or multiple on-demand including attachments etc.. same goes for configuration, or let's say just attachments. 

Our priority for restore use cases is as follows:

• Frequently occurring restores - specific objects such as issues, attachments workflows  etc.. (granular restore)
  • Occasionally occurring restores - complete projects
  • Rarely occurring restores - entire site

We support granular restore very well today, complete project restore is not optimized from a workflow perspective, we are working on that, once we complete that, we will address entire site restore.

We are using the existing REST api's these api's were not built to address the backup & restore use case, and hence we are working with the Atlassian team to help build new specific API's for backup & restore. 

Happy to address additional questions and take your feedback on what we could be doing better feel free to block sometime on my calendar.

Thank you

Vish

Like β€’ Alex Koxaras _Relational_ likes this
Hana KučerovÑ
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2022

Granular restore functionality sounds great! I need to test it.

Like β€’ Vish Reddy _Revyz_ likes this
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2022

Thank you @Hana KučerovΓ‘ 

Would love for you to try it out, happy to do a demo for you, please feel free to pick a time that works for you on my calendar.

Hana KučerovÑ
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 13, 2022

Thank you @Vish Reddy _Revyz_ . With 4 months old daughter it is complicated for me to be somewhere at exact time, I will try it on my own.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events