πŸ‚πŸŽƒ Apptoberfest discussion: project management apps

Maggie Norby Adams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 11, 2021

Gytkeh_F-2.png

Hi Community! It’s time for the second discussion in our Apptoberfestivities: project management apps πŸ‘©β€πŸ’»

Atlassian Marketplace Partners offer a variety of project management apps to help teams stay aligned and on track during complex collaborative projects.

What we want to know is, what are your favorite apps for project management and why? Which teams use your project management app(s), and how does the app help them stay aligned and on track during complex collaborative projects? 

Let us know!

(Not sure what Apptoberfest is? Click here πŸŽƒ )

16 comments

Comment

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

Hi Maggie,

Easily Deep Clone is my favorite out of the list. It is robust and super helpful and user-friendly. It has given us a lot of extra functionality.

We have used Foxly in the past, but we work more Kanban style than Scrum so we don't have as much a need for that functionality now. 

I also like the Multiple Checklists functionality and OKR Board for Jira. 

Like β€’ # people like this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 11, 2021

@John Funk thanks for mentioning Foxly as your favorite PM app, so happy it made it to your selection of 4 apps πŸ‘ 😻

We do see customers using Foxly on all sorts of projects from Scrum to Kanban and Jira Work Management so if you ever have a need to do more data-driven prioritization in your projects you can book a demo and we can help you out with your use case πŸ€“ 🍻

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 11, 2021

Will do - and thanks for building such a good product!

Like β€’ Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ likes this
Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

@John Funk, it's great to hear that Deep Clone for Jira is one of your favorite project management apps. Thank you for that feedback!

Like β€’ John Funk likes this
Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2021

Hi @Maggie Norby Adams  and Hi all!!

In my experience and according to the clients I have worked with, we have included different apps for project management, but my favorites (among many others) are...

• Structure, is also another app that customers are enthusiastic about because many are used to keep track of projects in excel sheets and with Structure they can establish the hierarchy individually and not necessarily globally, among many other features.
  • And of course, BigPicture, BigGannt, since many of the customers also need to see the task maps with the bars of these 2 apps. On the other hand, I am delighted with Jira's "Advanced Roadmaps" functionality as it is something that is included natively and covers many of the requirements that customers ask for.

Best regards!

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2021

Deep Clone for Jira and Table Filter and Charts for Confluence are my favourites. Other than these two I would definitely vote for Planning Poker.

Bulks Cloning feature in Deep Clone for Jira is one my favourite utilities. Data Aggregation and export utilities are my favourites for Table Filter and Charts for Confluence.

I would love to go and explore others apps on recommendation and share my experience.

In summary, the reasons behind the above feedback - simplicity, security and robustness. 

Marlene Kegel - codefortynine
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

@Suvradip Paul , thank you for mentioning Deep Clone for Jira as one of your favorite project management apps. This means a lot to us. 

Like β€’ Suvradip Paul likes this
Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 15, 2021

You're welcome @Marlene Kegel - codefortynine !

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 14, 2021

We at BlueCat Networks are glad we found ALM Works Structure for Jira - you can read about our journey here.

We wanted to keep everyone in sync without adding friction to our Jira setup. Structure helped us achieve exactly that. We started with Structure on-prem, and migrated to the Atlassian Cloud earlier this year. Our issues are organized in hierarchies that work for us, and we can zoom in and out as needed.

Nathaniel Elliott October 16, 2021

I'll second the post above from Kelly Arrey from BlueCat Networks. My team over at Dragos now has a well-functioning workflow on Jira Cloud using Structure, which lets us see the holistic picture of the work that we do: https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Software-articles/Interview-with-an-Expert-How-Dragos-Created-Project/ba-p/1703183.

Happy to talk through any of the areas on how we do it and also how we do it and are building our PMO out in an agile way (internally calling it the "Business Delivery Team) made up of our Product Owners, Scrum Masters, and Project Managers. 

Friendly Giant October 19, 2021

At  #DescartesSystemsGroup   we have been using #BigPicture and were very fond of it, despite the double entry of few tasks.   it provided a better view on total activity compared to exporting from Jira to an othe rtool, mostly Excel😜  So yes a happy .....or better appy user

Maxim Grouchevoi October 20, 2021

We at DKB AG prefer to work with ALM Structure & Structure.Gantt. This is our favourite app which gives us the required overviews, scoped and nested views and progress reportings. The real power of Structure lies in generators, effectors and formula fields. Structure definitely helps us to get rid off those excel sheets!

Furthermore in our Scrum projects we love to work with Easy Agile Story Maps. It provides you a very user-friendly interface and a far more better Epics/Sprints/Backlog overview, which can extremely boost the scrum adoption among newbies. 

And I definately would recommend to powerup your Jira with Dynamic Forms for Jira (Deviniti) and Elements Copy&Sync for Jira. :)

Cheers! 

Maxim 

Erez Marcovich October 20, 2021

With Structure for Jira along with a few other apps, we’ve finally managed to solve our requirements traceability problems:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-articles/Interview-with-an-Expert-How-Amdocs-Reduced-Requirements/ba-p/1537076.

The Structure Automation feature was a game-changer for us, allowing us to pull real-time information to show the status across all levels. It is the basis of the hierarchy we use today. 

Dave Liao
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 21, 2021

My favorites:

1. I love Structure - especially with the Structure.Gantt add-on, for those times when you need a Gantt-chart to really show those dependencies!

2. I like eazyBI to give me the pulse of a project, and to illustrate trend data.

eazyBI is always tweaking and adding visualizations - in the beginning of the year, they introduced sparklines (mini-charts) that provide trends on a more micro-level.

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
October 21, 2021

For project management: 

Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 22, 2021

So cool!! Thank you for the mention @Gorka Puente _Appfire_ πŸ€©

The Projectrak team appreciates it. Here's our demo! 

giphy

Kelly Arrey
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 21, 2021

I also want to give a quick shoutout to two more apps which bring a lot of value to our Jira system:

• SolDevelo's Worklogs makes it easy to generate monthly Time Spent reports. We combine this information with Excel exports from ALM Works Structure (which I mentioned above) to generate rollups of the time logged on Stories, up to their parent Epics, Goals and Features.
  • OBSS' Time in Status helps us zero in on bottlenecks in our workflows.

All three vendors are super-responsive on support issues and feature requests, which is greatly appreciated!

Gorka Puente _Appfire_
Marketplace Partner
October 22, 2021

And as a product manager with many products and tons of features, bugs, requests, improvements and tasks to prioritize and release ASAP I love Foxly πŸ¦Š

I use the priority matrix, it simplifies a complex problem and gives a reasonable answer to stakeholders to the question, why MY issue is not planned yet? 

I only regret it is not named Catly πŸ˜Ό #TeamCat

Biro October 22, 2021

Yay, so glad to hear you're using Foxly πŸ™Œ

Like β€’ Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 22, 2021

Haha, Catly is a great name! (Reserving that for the next app ✍️)

Like β€’ Gorka Puente _Appfire_ likes this
Girish_Shenoy
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

Big Picture

Love it! Specially if you want a good PPM and resource tracking capabilities.

Like β€’ Anna-BigPicture likes this
Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
October 29, 2021

Thank you for mentioning our app @Girish_ShenoyWe're delighted that you find our product efficacious in supporting project management.

Lukas Gotter _ Meetical
Marketplace Partner
October 28, 2021

Meeting Management is an important part of Project Management too! 😎

Please check our Apptoberfest contribution for Meetical Meetings and turn your meetings into serious fun and productive sessions!

🍺 Apptoberfest Demo 🎊 Meetical Meetings for Confluence (funny video)

Like β€’ Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

We use Big Picture and I really like it.

Anna-BigPicture
Marketplace Partner
October 29, 2021

I am glad to hear that! Thank you for the mention, @Brant Schroeder 

Clint Young October 29, 2021

I used to work at a place where we used Big Picture. It was beloved by many.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events