Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🍂🎃 Apptoberfest discussion: apps for admins👩‍💻

Maggie Norby Adams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 3, 2022

Gytkeh_F (1) (1).png

Hi Community! Welcome to the first weekly Apptoberfest discussion of 2022! This week’s topic is: 👩‍💻 Apps for Admins 👨‍💻

Atlassian’s Marketplace is full of apps that enable Jira and Confluence Admins to work more efficiently and help their teams do more.

What we want to know is, what are your favorite apps for Jira or Confluence administration? How do these apps help you scale your efforts, tailor your team’s experience, or save time?

Let us know!

(Not sure what Apptoberfest is? Click here 🎃 )

5 comments

Comment

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Ohh! WOnderful topic!

With no order of preference, although I do have a natural tendency to work with certain apps, I would choose:

• JMWE
  • Scriptrunner
  • JSU
  • JWT
  • Automation for Jira 
  • Elements copy+sync
  • Project configurator for Jira
  • Smart Project Config and Documentation
  • User Switcher for Jira
  • Home Directory, Database & Log Browser for Jira

The first six apps are being used for getting the job done. Whatever the customer needs, these apps can provide (in terms of workflows, calculations etc).

Smart Project Config and Documentation can give you an overview of all workflows, and not only, used within a project. Super handy in terms of documenting things and save time.

Project configurator for Jira is super handy if you want to move single (and many) projects from one server/DC instance to another. You can keep the export as backup as well :)

The rest of the apps are useful for troubleshooting different issues (server/DC only unfortunately). It's great time saver to be able to switch a user and see/experience what the other user experience. This is useful for testing as well.

All of the above apps save from a Jira admin a whole lotta time and if combined in the right way, can reduce maintenance to a minimum.

Like # people like this
Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Hmm. I don't know if all of these really fit into the ease of administration category, but, I can argue that any good app adds to the overall experience for all users and enhances the platform. Anything that creates more engagement is an admins dream. 

With that being said, these are the apps we have used or demoed in our instance and would recommend to all admins to test and install in their instances.

• Confluence

• Sketch
    • Scroll WP Publisher
    • Page View Analytics for Confluence Cloud
    • Mermaid Charts & Diagrams for Confluence
    • Scroll Viewport for Confluence

• External Share for Confluence

• Jira

• GitHub for Jira
    • Automated Log Work for Jira
    • Easy Agile TeamRhythm
Like # people like this
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

I've accomplished several migrations to cloud before my maternity leave started and I really loved to use Integrity Check for Jira. There's always a lot of cleaning and deleting before the migrations and I like the feeling that I didn't broke anything and users still have their filters and boards etc. functional.

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

@Hana Kučerová this app seems very handy! I'm currently working on a rather small migration, and I think it will be great to try it! Thanx for sharing this :)

Like # people like this
Maria Timova {Appfire} October 25, 2022

Thank you for the lovely shout out @Hana Kučerová , we appreciate the support! There are new things on the roadmap, so keep an eye out!

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ ,please do try, and if you have questions or feedback, we'll be more than happy to hear them. Integrity Check for Jira works equally great with small and large instances, regardless of complexity. So you can fully trust the app to help you scan the entire system or selected projects for errors and give you quick fixes along the way. 

Like Hana Kučerová likes this
Vish Reddy _Revyz_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2022

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_@Hana Kučerová @Andy Gladstone,

We are a new app in the Atlassian marketplace - We make it seamless to backup and restore your data in your Jira Site - We would love your feedback and appreciate your support.

Thank you

Like # people like this
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 5, 2022

Thanks for kicking this off, @Maggie Norby Adams !!

My favorites are:

• JMWE
  • Deep Clone
  • Automation for Jira
  • External Data for Jira Fields
  • Revyz Backup and Restore
Like # people like this
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events