Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

🍻🍂Apptoberfest demo🍂🍻: Jira Snapshots for Confluence (Cloud and Data Center)

It’s Apptoberfest, and we’ve brewed up an app that saves you from working long days and late nights and gets you to the beer hall faster: Jira Snapshots for Confluence.🍺

In one click, Snapshots enables you to capture data in the moment, giving you greater control, empowered management, quicker approvals, and audit-ready documentation.

For a quick shot 🥃 of all the app’s powerful features, check out this demo video:

Now, see how Jira Snapshots for Confluence can save you from wurst-case scenarios 🌭:

Eins (1): Status Reports: It’s Friday, and your boss needs a status report of all you’ve accomplished this week. No more pretzel-knot 🥨 in your stomach — Snapshots gets it done in minutes, not hours.

Zwei (2): Planning Sessions: When planning, say, next quarter’s lager allotment, you need a current and static picture of your Jira data and issues. Snapshots gives you time-stamped reports (even multilevel), so everyone drinks 🍷 in the same information at the same time. 

Drei (3):  Prioritization and Capacity Planning: You want to communicate release options to the leadership team, but how can you show them the most fruitful way 🎃 to use your resources? Snapshots helps stakeholders make better decisions without overloading the team.

Thanks for checking out Jira Snapshots for Confluence — now you can G’suffa! (drink). Cheers! 🍻

10 comments

Comment

Huwen Arnone _Deiser_
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 7, 2021

I was watching the video, and the first thing I thought was that it was perfect for Confluence audits. It is fascinating! And so cool you have @Rachel Wright in your videos 💪🏼!

Thanks for sharing, @Rina Nir 

Like # people like this
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 7, 2021

Thanks @Huwen Arnone _Deiser_  for watching and for the warm feedback. @Rachel Wright is great :)

Like Huwen Arnone _Deiser_ likes this
Maggie Norby Adams
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 12, 2021

FYI @Rina Nir I deleted the other post ;) 

Like Rina Nir likes this
Kishan Sharma
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2021

I remember suggesting this app for few users in the community, for the features it provides, Kudos to you @Rina Nir and your team for creating this amazing app!

Like Rina Nir likes this
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 23, 2021

@Kishan Sharma thanks for the warm support! As a new App we need every bit of support we can get!

Like Kishan Sharma likes this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 25, 2021

@Rina Nir Cool app.  What type of impact does this have on data center performance over time as you increase the number of snapshots and data that needs to be retained?

Like Rina Nir likes this
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 26, 2021

@Brant Schroeder thanks for the question. Each snapshot creates a new page version with new snapshot data stored in a separate table but linked to this page version. So the best way to think about the load they create is similar to how you think of each new page version that is created- and if any page (with or without snapshots) gets updated frequently then it will have many versions which will create basically multiple page copies in Confluences' database.  The volume of data is actually similar if the page just has a large table on it, or a large snapshot table on it (its similar volume but stored in different tables)

So, when considering the infrastructure needs of your DC instance, this guide from Atlassian  refers to the number of "content (all versions)" as a key sizing figure. From that perspective,  use of Jira Snapshots is proportionate and in-line with the established practices of sizing DC instances.

One feature which will further help manage large instances which use loads of Snapshots is the possibility to trash Snapshots. This feature is on our roadmap, and it will actually be interesting to hear if you think it's an important/urgent feature to implement.

Like Eduard Grinchenko likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

Great demos! I was so surprised to see Rachel in the video, for a second I thought she works for you 🙈

Like Rina Nir likes this
Rina Nir
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

Thanks @Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_ I like your Monday podcasts, so I particularly appreciate a complement from you

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

That's so nice of you @Rina NirI'm happy you enjoy our news 🤓

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events