🍂🍻Apptoberfest Demo🍂🍻: Multilevel Select for Jira

Do you know how many issue beer types there are in the world? Probably not... Don't worry, we don't have a clue about it either 😀

In this article you can read that there are 100+ of them, that is 101, 1001, or even 10 001. Regardless of how many there are, thanks to our app you can improve the process of organizing your team's integration. Let them contribute to the whole event!

Preparation

Create a new project in Jira called "Get the party started (PARTY)". Pro tip: You can use a template provided by Atlassian: Event planning. Have each member of the team create an issue in which they describe what beer they like, what pizza they drool over, and which board game they have the best time at. Remember to set the appropriate Issue Security Level - let other members not see their answers. This is supposed to be a surprise!

Limit your selections to specific options. To make it easier to find your favorite beer or great pizza, use the Multilevel Select field provided by our app. This way you will be able to create several cascading levels to make selecting options very easy.

Create three fields named: Beer (multilevel select), Food (multilevel select), Board game (single select). Define what options should be available in the configuration of each custom field. Below you will find our proposal. (If you want to read about flavor profiles, you'll find some great articles here.)

Gather information from all teams. Go to the issue navigator and filter by the PARTY project. Save the search results as a filter. Then go to the PARTY dashboard (if you don't have one yet, create it) and add a new Pie chart gadget. Display the results separately for each field (Beer, Food, Board Game). This way you can easily see how the results are spread... and how much beer you have to order 🍻

https://www.youtube.com/embed/OfQkhGMo3_I

Time to party

When you get together to have fun, start with a shared meal. Nothing integrates people like food! Then give everyone the beer of their choice and write the group's number on the label. Let them find the same numbers by toasting and tapping the bottles. In this way, they will form teams that will play the selected game together. Of course, you can do the second round of the competition: choose other beers and join other teams to play a different game. You can also give up playing after one round, indulge in beer tasting, and enjoy the time spent together 😉

Cheers! 🍻

And remember to try our app: Multilevel Select for Jira. We cannot guarantee a lot of fun without our app 😎

* Fun fact: “Get the party started” is sung by P!nk. And the color of our brand is… 🥁 PINK! 

This article has been also published on our blog.

13 comments

Comment

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 15, 2021

Hi @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ 

I didn't know this app, I have used others with multilevel fields, it is something that I find very useful as many customers need to include this type of fields in their issues.

I will keep it in mind in the future!

Thanks for sharing!

Like # people like this
Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 16, 2021

@Paloma Fondon Araujothis app has been released a few weeks ago. Previously, we had technical limitations to implement a custom field on Jira cloud which is available on Create issue screen and searchable via JQL. But thanks to the Forge platform, our dreams came true :)

I hope that you find time to try our app. In case of any questions, let me know.

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Steven Rhodes October 18, 2021

Great that this exists and fills the gap in the market but it's more of a damning verdict on Atlassian's lax approach to fixing bugs and feature requests. This one has been open since 2005 and is finally "gathering interest". The cloud version of which is here https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-7936. Hard to justify the $8000 annual price tag (for our ever increasing current Cloud user tier) for one feature like this, no matter how well it has been implemented. To be fair, you are offering upto 7 levels plus translation so hats off for that.

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2021

Wow I'm glad I saw this demo, the video answered my questions from the beginning. Will keep this in mind!

Like Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ likes this
Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 27, 2021

The music in the video is perfect 😂

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

@Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_ Great video, apptoberfest themed and it explains the application very well.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

@Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_when you have to listen to this music more than one time... it's crazy 😂

@Brant Schroederthank you for nice words!

Nikki Zavadska _Appfire_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

Haha, @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_  I can imagine that editing this video must drove the person a bit crazy 😜 

Suvradip Paul
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 31, 2021

Nice simple but effective video @Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_  and loved the music, it really gives a party feeling. 

Geetanjali Sharma May 17, 2022

Very nice feature...great background music

Geetanjali Sharma May 17, 2022

Hey, just wondering if we have an option to select multiple options at certain level in Multilevel field. For example if I select Product A at level1 and at level2 if I do not have my required option in the drop down, I can select others as an option and when I select others it allow me to add new option in the existing list of Product A categories.

Kate Pawlak _Appsvio_
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2022

Hey,

As it's said: a little party never killed nobody, so let’s plan one :)  We're coming back with new article for #Apptoberfest2022.

Our demo is about how Edit Request is a game-changer and how banners can make a difference. We show how to create a tailored, customer-center portal and how much you can put into clients' hands without losing control. Everything we love the most – Jira Service Management.

🍻🍂 Cheers to Apptoberfest! Demo: Edit request with Feature Bundle 🍻🍂  

All functionalities come from Feature Bundle which you can find here

Grab a coffee (or beer), take a seat, and enjoy our Apptoberfest demo. And remember to click 👍, if you like our story 😊

Andy Gladstone
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 12, 2022

Great add-on to bring intelligence into Jira. Thank yo for sharing in such a fun and engaging way.

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events