🍂 Apptoberfest🍂 Demo: JSU Automation Suite for Jira Workflows

Hey Community!

As part of 🍂 Apptoberfest🍂 fun, I wanted to take a minute to share a demo of JSU, a handy workflow app. Jira admins like myself often use this fast and easy no-code solution to quickly solve complex workflow problems and automate our work in Jira.

In this demo, I share how I used JSU to quickly configure and automate workflows for a tedious yet necessary task - filing expenses. Give it a watch! 

https://youtu.be/u3fZsTzCipw

I hope this video inspired you to get back some time by automating not-so-fun everyday tasks ✅

If you have any questions or comments, feel free to post them below! 

Thanks for watching, 
Rachel Wright

9 comments

Comment

Paloma Fondon Araujo
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Rachel Wright !!

JSU is another one of my favorite apps! I have worked with this app in different clients and it is simply great, it makes it easy to automate tasks that clients require, something I love about this app are preconditions, copy or setting fields, copy attachments...

I find them really useful features!

Thanks so much for sharing!

Like # people like this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Paloma Fondon Araujo and thanks for your comment.  I agree - totally love the pre-conditions!  It's a great little "IF/THEN" capability.

Like Paloma Fondon Araujo likes this
Huwen Arnone
Solutions Partner
Solution Partners provide consulting, sales, and technical services on Atlassian products.
October 15, 2021

Looking forward to launching the co-hosted webinar alongside JSU and the Appfire family at the end of this year. As usual, excellent video and a precise explanation about the app @Rachel Wright, thank you!! 🤩

Like # people like this
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 15, 2021

@Rachel Wright this is a fantastic walkthrough of your app! Calculated fields are super!

Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 15, 2021

Hi @Alex Koxaras _Relational_ , I can't take any credit for the app - it's made by the great folks at Beecom Atlassian Apps (an Appfire company).  I'm just a happy customer.  :)  Have a great day and thanks for watching!

Sam Nadarajan
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 20, 2021

Wow I am liking the calculated fields feature! If this can copy attachments that is really cool too!

One quick question, when would it be preferable to use JSU over Automation for Jira? From the demo it feels like I can do everything in automation, although I understand that this app is workflow-based, not necessarily project based.

Like Ryan Rules {Appfire} likes this
Ryan Rules {Appfire} October 22, 2021

Hi @Sam Nadarajan , it's great to hear that you are enjoying JSU!

To answer your question, JSU is specifically dedicated to workflow automation and customisation. The core components to JSU's feature-set are called Conditions, Validators and Post-Functions and they hook specifically into the transition-aspect of your workflows.

Conditions and Validators are about preventing users from transitioning an issue to a target status unless an admin-defined criteria is met e.g. issue must have an assignee, blocking issues must be closed etc. Conditions specifically hide or remove the transition option from users, whereas Validators continue to show the transition option, but return an admin-defined error message when the transition is disallowed.

Post-Functions are all about what should happen after the issue has been transitioned to a new status e.g. update the assignee, add a comment etc.

Admins use JSU to extend their workflows in various ways to help meet their users specific needs and company processes in a fast and easy way. I hope this information helps!

Many thanks,

Ryan Rules

Product Manager - JSU

Like # people like this
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 28, 2021

@Rachel Wright I love JSU and have been using it since its inception.  I was sad when it changed from free to paid but the good things in life cost money and JSU is worth every cent.

Like Rachel Wright likes this
Rachel Wright
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 29, 2021

Hi @Brant Schroeder , I've been using JSU forever too.  I think it was my very first marketplace app!  Seems like ages ago.  Thanks for your comment and happy Halloween!

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events