Adding a Tableau dashboard to Confluence creates a strange view

Mike Larsen (AgC) May 4, 2020

Hello, 

I'm not able to get a Dashboard from Tableau to look right in Confluence.

I can get the individual sheets to look okay, but Sheets have fewer settings about the fit (height, width) and not enough control. So we are forced to make choices about filtering out data or scrunching the view to "fit all".

In Confluence... The dashboard is scrunched down terribly. The legend happens to the same in each view, it is shown underneath the first view rather than to the right. And each view is not tall enough; each requires a scroll bar. This is the case even though the height of the Dashboard is significant AND the height of the macro in Confluence is a bit taller.

My settings...

In Tableau: dashboard size is 1697 wide by 2800 tall, each of the four sheets is fit to "entire view"

In Confluence: 1697 wide by 2800 tall (other than the url, this is the only thing to configure

Help please. There must be a combination of settings in Tableau Online and Confluence that allow a tall Dashboard to look okay. I wonder about tiling (horizontal/vertical) and height - I've tried endless combinations of those and other settings without success.

Thanks, 
Mike

Tall dashboard with scroll bars and misplaced legend 2020-05-04_11-36-06.pngTall dashboard in Tableau with plenty of height and legend on right 2020-05-04_11-36-06.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2020

Hi Mike,

I think we would need to jump on a screen share to troubleshoot this. Could you open up a support ticket at https://atlasauthority.atlassian.net/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/group/1/create/1 and we can help you out with this?

If you could include the link to your Tableau dashboard in the support ticket we can also do some testing on our end.

Thanks,
Boris

Mike Larsen (AgC) May 5, 2020

Thanks Boris,

SUPPORT-541 was just logged. Please find it and we'll go from there.

Mike

Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 5, 2020

In case anyone else runs into this, the main issue was that the Dashboard was set to Phone sizing even though it was using a Desktop sized resolution. By adjusting it as outlined at https://help.tableau.com/current/pro/desktop/en-us/dashboards_organize_floatingandtiled.htm#set-overall-dashboard-size Mike was able to get this to a much better spot.

Mike Larsen (AgC) May 6, 2020

Thanks Boris! This helped out quite a bit.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events