Latest Version of Image displaye in a Previous Version of a Confluence Page

Hi All,

My name is Karen Mustain. I'm a Solution Designer for Confluence at Cerner. We use Confluence for our controlled documentation for our solutions. Recently, it was brought to our attention in an audit that when looking at a previous version of a Confluence page with an attached image the latest version of the image is displayed.

When looking at the Confluence page history and selecting one of the previous page versions, if the page has an attached image, the current behavior of Confluence is to show the latest version of the attached image.

It should show the version of the image which was available at the point of time of the page version.

The auditors had a concern that the latest version of the image was referenced instead of the version applicable to the page version.

There is an existing suggestion to change the current behavior: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CONFSERVER-37156

However, there are no plans to work on this suggestion.

I was wondering if anyone else using Confluence for their controlled documentation and has a concern with this behavior. If you do, I would encourage to comment and vote on the suggestion. As well, share if you have made any customizations to Confluence to change this behavior.

Thanks Karen

1 comment

Carolyn French Community Champion Feb 01, 2018

I can certainly understand why you would need this, and am surprised that the issue has such little traction votes-wise.

One of the Atlassian researchers is soliciting feedback on storing content, might be a good person to bring this to the attention of:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Confluence-discussions/Would-love-some-feedback-on-using-content-collaboration-tools/m-p/707377#M1177

Thanks Carolyn.  I will do that.

Karen

Comment

Atlassian Community Anniversary

Happy Anniversary, Atlassian Community!

This community is celebrating its one-year anniversary and Atlassian co-founder Mike Cannon-Brookes has all the feels.

Read more
Community showcase
Bridget Sauer
Published Monday in Life Sciences

Valerie Blanchette, #1 most outdoorsy Atlassian admin, on why you should to go to Summit Europe 2018

For fun, @Valerie rides bicycles, motorcycles, runs, hikes, and skis. She also manages thousands of Jira tasks and processes for Jira and Confluence. In this interview, you will discover that there's...

137 views 3 5
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you