todolist: can I clear (untick) the checklist content while cloning issue?

tomasz_zylka January 7, 2014

Hi,

I found this plugin as a great one.. and for free. Thanks!

One little thing bothers me. I wish to clear (untick) the whole default content of the checklist when I clone issue. E.g. first issue has 3 out of 5 todo positions ticked, then I clone that issue and expect that the new issue will have the very same 5 todo positions, but all of them unticked.

Is that possible?

Now, I have the effect (which is quite logical) that all fields are copied one-to-one and therefore (still) 3 out of 5 todo positions ticked.

I tried to add a post function (called "Update Issue Custom Field") in workflow editor. I added it to transition "Create", but I don't know the correct query I should apply (in screen called "Add Parameters to Function"), so the plugin will understand it. For now, I have the effect that after Clone, new issue have empty ToDo list i.e. all 5 todo positions are lost.

Do you get my point or should I give more details or explanations?

Best regards,

Tomek

5 answers

1 vote
Steadfast Financial May 15, 2015

same here. really would love to know this answer. 

1 vote
Mark Durose March 18, 2015

Hi was this ever implemented as this is exactly what I am looking to do, could it be scripted in some way to clear the checked data but leave the list in place?

Thank you in advance,

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 2, 2014

I will look at clone.

So, you want to have post function that will be tick/untick all todo?

tomasz_zylka February 2, 2014

yes, that would be great.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 15, 2014

Could you clarify what is jira version?

tomasz_zylka February 2, 2014

v6.0.4

Thanks in advance.

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

Hi Tomek,

For bugs, please, create tickets here: https://bitbucket.org/amarkelov/andreymarkelov-atlas-plugins-todolist/issues

It is possible without account.

About question: do you need correct string value? BTW: my skype is andrey.markelov2 (I can help any time)

-- Andrey

Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 7, 2014

Please, provide more info: how do you clone issues?

tomasz_zylka January 13, 2014

I clone issue by clicking MORE -> CLONE.

Suggest an answer