"what you see is what you get" is not working

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

This question is in reference to Atlassian Documentation: JIRA Software 7.2.x release notes

is there any special configuration needed to use the "what you see is what you get" mode in the issue description.

I'm not able to switch between text and visual mode using JIRA 7.2.1

2 answers

0 votes
noamdah
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 20, 2016

No special configuration needed, it looks different than shown in the documentation, here is the button you should click:

temp1.PNGtemp2.PNG

0 votes
TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

The highlighted button under any free text field (Comment, Description, etc.) will switch the mode.

image2016-9-21 11:43:17.png

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

this button exists in JIRA 6.4.6 too and does exactly the same as in JIRA 7.2.1

is there anything more to it?

TõnisO
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 20, 2016

What do you mean by anything more? When you start editing the Issue Description and click that button, you will see the fully formatted view.

Alexander Richter
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 26, 2016

i expected that i would be able to continue editing the description while seeing the fully formatted view.

Since that is not the case there is nothing new to it comparing to JIRA 6.4.6

But maybe i just understood the release information wrong then (https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftware/jira-software-7-2-x-release-notes-826896227.html)

Suggest an answer