I'm trying to install JIRA 7.0 on MySQL 5.7.9 and connector "mysql-connector-java-5.1.37-bin.jar".
When I'm trying to connect to MySQL DB, error message appears:
"Unknown system variable 'storage_engine'"
This variable is NOT present in my.ini. Insead, I'm using default-storage-engine = InnoDB.
Well, system variable storage_engine is deprecated "as of MySQL 5.5.3".
Should I use version of MySQL below 5.5.3 ?
Best regards, Semyon.
i got it working
in short see my fork : https://github.com/yurii-github/mysql-connector-j
changing JIRA was too hard for me, too many places with hardcoded storage_engine parameter, so i did a change into mysql connector itself - i'm replacing deprecated variable in connection constructor. like this
built snapshot is in repo too: https://github.com/yurii-github/mysql-connector-j/blob/release/5.1/mysql-connector-java-5.1.38-SNAPSHOT-bin.jar
or you can build it yourself etc.
just note, it was built without jdk1.6. Also no warranties etc, you know
hope it helps and doesn't crash for you, it works for me though.
unfortunately i didnt save search progress. as i remember, just changing dbconfig didn't help me. i found hardcoded "storage_engine" about 4 times. some in text files INF or something, some in plugins in jar files. but even after i repackaged jar files it was still failing with this error. i think some hardcoded link(s) still exist in obfuscated compiled code, haven't look too much into this as connector license allows me to modify its code and in one place. anyway, if changing config file works for you - great. i wonder why it didnt work for me then regards
Warning: This solution worked for me for about two months, but then I had NPE problems in a JIRA function which I had not used before. It took me a while to find out that this modified driver jar caused the problems. After that I re-installed the original driver and used Vin's solution listed below instead. All works fine now.
Here are the steps to get around:
Hey guys! Thank you very much for your tips, worked for me like charm. Had to update Ubuntu to 16.04 from 14.04 and this did the trick! I did the following:
Now everything seems to be working fine!
Please I am kind of stuck here and really need some quick help.
I am using MySQL 5.7.15
and JIRA 7.2.3
I did remove "sessionVariables=storage_engine=InnoDB" from dbcongif.xml (that I created using the sample), I also try to remove it from mysql.properties file under /atlassian-jira/WEB-INF/classes/database-defaults/
but no luck when I click Test connection it says : Unable to test the connection.
Any quick help really appritiated.
Thank you jiraCapture.JPG
Thanks for all, especially for @Alexander Oberhauser your clean solution / links worked for me too.
I upgraded my server from Ubuntu 14.04.5 LTS and JIRA 6.4.11 to Ubuntu 18.4 LTS, same Jira version (will update that later), the problem popped up at 16.x LTS, but I just skipped, went to latest 18.4 and fixed as described in this link:
You saved my day, well night or morning :)
Thanks again guys!
Hey admins! I’m Dave, Principal Product Manager here at Atlassian working on our cloud platform and security products. Cloud security is a moving target. As you adopt more products, employees consta...
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find a group
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.Start an AUG
You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs