"Create Issue" always sends to Backlog, not to Sprint Backlog

Christoph Mausolf September 21, 2022

Hi all, I just created a new CMP for my team. I have the Backlog and a Sprint (Backlog) prepared, about to start.

I face the issue, that when using the in line "Create Issue" at the end of my prepared Sprint Backlog, Issues are moved automatically to the end of the Backlog. Even though the feature is suggesting, f.ex. "New Story in " and then a dropdown in which the Sprint is selected. 

I understood that there is some default Rank by ASC in Jira. However, it worked in our last TMP and the feature is obviously showing the functionality.

I simply want the issue to land in the Sprint (Backlog), where it is created, not the Backlog. Any idea?  

1 answer

0 votes
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

Hi @Christoph Mausolf 

I'm attaching a screenshot, because I didn't quite understand your question. If I click on the create issue of the "Scrum Sprint 4" (first red rectangle), it will create an issue in the bottom of Sprint4. If I click on create issue of the backlog, it will create an issue on the bottom of the backlog. What is the problem you are facing?

backlog.png

Christoph Mausolf September 22, 2022

Hi Alex, thanks for the screenshot. I wasnt able to add one, and explains it way better. 

If I create of the "Scrum Sprint 4" (first red rectangle), it will move the issue automatically to the bottom of the backlog (not Scrum Sprint 4). Thats the issue. I want it to remain in the Sprint obviously

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 22, 2022

That's not normal behavior..

Can you see the history of the issue? Is there something moving it on the backlog? (meaning that the sprint value will have been removed). Can you provide a screenshot of the issue's history?

Like Christoph Mausolf likes this

so here is how its done. 

The Issues history doesnt indicate anything. The Sprint is not added obviously. We use the normal workflow, no customization. 

Screenshot 2022-09-22 101335.png

Screenshot 2022-09-22 101725.png

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

If you say that the history doesn't have any indication of the Sprint value being removed, and if you say that you don't have any post function to the currently workflow which erases the Sprint Value (without writting it in the history), and you don't have any Jira Automation, then you really should contact Atlassian's support, because without screenshots I can't help you more than I have already did.

On my instance this works perfectly. So if you are on a premium version of Jira, raise a request now.

yes exactly. Thanks! Will do

oh and if you tell me what exactly to screenshot, of course I could provide further details? 

Community Leader
Community Leader
September 22, 2022

I think you provided enough details. When I was composing my last reply, I hadn't see the history screenshot you sent. So no worries. Go and raise that support request.

Like Christoph Mausolf likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events