A filter using linkedissuesOf() is not working properly for me. It is not displaying all the issues. An initiative has 22 child epics, and linkedissuesOf() returns only 12. The 10 missing ones all belong to one new project, so I am not sure if there is some setup missing there.
issueFunction in portfolioChildrenOf('issuekey=x-1') =22 results
issueFunction in linkedIssuesOf("issuekey=x-1", "is parent of") =12 results
We have an advanced roadmaps plan based on filters that use linkedissuesOf() and linkedissuesOfAll() functions and it is very important I get all connected issues down to the sub-task level.
Anybody have an idea?
Looks like some of the issues have the "is parent of" link type. If you want to find the cause of it, check out the list of associations for one or a couple of the 12 that were returning.
You might have both link types (portfolio parent/child + Jira's native Issue Link) for those since the fields are independent.
Let me start with Adaptavist's documentation on the functions:
See that portfolioChildrenOf will return everything under the issue, including "grandchildren".
linkedIssuesOf on the other hand only returns direct children.
In addition, are you using JIra's default "Epic Link" to connect it to Stories/Tasks or Portfolio's "Parent Link"?
we are using the portfolio Parent link for Initiative-Epic linking. Down the line we use Epic link for Story-Epic linking, but without going further into the hierarchy and complicating, it isn't working at this top level.
There are 22 issues linked with this same link (see screenshot 1). My understanding is linkedIssuesOf should return all these 22. New screenshot for reference, other issue links here are used for other stuff.
I went digging a little more and this definetly looks like a bug a to me.
In the database, I get 12 issuelinks of type "Parent-Child Link".
So, I took one of the issues that are missing CCTRIBE-41, deleted what was in the parent link field, then I filled the Parent link field again with the same thing. Voila, there are now 13 results instead of 12. Still can't figure out where are the other links stored and how are they shown on Issue details...
When removing and re-adding kind of resolves an inconsistency, I tend to question if the issues was not properly indexed for some reason.
Try running a project re-index (assuming all issues involved are in the same project) and see if it catches up.
If that doesn't work, I'd probably start checking if there are duplicate issuelinktypes, maybe run an integrity checker as well.
I would also fetch the <BASE_URL>/rest/api/latest/issue/XXX-123 before and after removing the parent link and re-adding it - maybe something is getting created differently.
I tried reindexing and integrity checks, but none worked.
I created a filter finding these inconsistencies and found a total of 40 links. Removed then added again all of them.
For the past week, I am keeping an eye with this filter. It seems no new inconsitencies are being created.
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!Find an event
Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!
Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.Host an event