osuser.xml is not working for jira 4.4 AND User management is not happening against LDAP

Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 2, 2011

hi,

I am trying to migrate Jira 3.12.3 to Jira 4.4. In our old instance(3.12.3) user management has been done by LDAP.

While migrating to 4.4 , Jira started successfully but i am not able to login to the sytem. It is not authenticating even though I have placed osuser.xml in the 4.4(WEB-INF/classes) folder.

Please suggest, how can use do user management in the 4.4 version with LDAP.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 5, 2011

able to resolve this.

osuser.xml has to placed in WEB-INF/classes folder before restoration. i have put it after restoration. thats why the problem came

Thanks for support

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 4, 2011

The user you've specified as the one doing the LDAP lookup does not have the privileges to use your LDAP. Check the user settings and authentications.

0 votes
Sreenivasaraju P
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 4, 2011

Trying to configure LDAP user directory,

I am getting the following error, please let me know how can i fix this.

Connection test failed. Response from the server:
[LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, vece]; nested exception is javax.naming.AuthenticationException: [LDAP: error code 49 - 80090308: LdapErr: DSID-0C090334, comment: AcceptSecurityContext error, data 525, vece

Suggest an answer