notification scheme: no e-mail sent to reporter when assigning

Decupere & Partners IT Team September 16, 2019

I created a notification scheme for a project and set it as default for that projecT.

In that scheme, an e-mail should be sent to the reporter upon assigning the request to  a servicedesk-employee. Alas that does not happen.

All other notifications I set are sent correctly. 

Am I missing something?

In 'Notifications to customer' there are some default rules. However: notification upon assignment of the ticket is not mentioned there. I can't add that type of issue-notification to the custome automation as well.

What am I missing?

I need to change that for 3 jira-servicedesk installations, and I can't find the solution...

1 answer

0 votes
C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

Service Desk doesn't allow you to raise Customer Notifications other than what they have defined. You could use a plugin to send an email from a listener when the Assignment is made.  

Decupere & Partners IT Team September 16, 2019

I'm using the notification scheme and set all things to get the expected behaviour.

Thus you're saying that standard usage of a notification scheme will not work?

C_ Derek Fields
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 16, 2019

The regular notification scheme is for Jira Users, not JSD Customers. JSD has its own notification engine that only supports specific JSD customer notifications. You cannot use it to generate custom notifications like you can from Jira itself. 

You would need a plugin to send out a custom notification. This isn't out-of-the-box functionality.

Suggest an answer