my jira board administrator has left the firm. How can i get the administrator changed?

Moona Ashfaq April 24, 2023

I need to make changes on the jira board but unable to as i am not the administator. The administrator has already left the firm. How can they be changed?

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

If there was a single Jira admin, and he left the company, then you won't be able to administer anything in Jira, not just boards! 

You need to get back your admin permission ASAP. Is it Jira Cloud or self-hosted?

There is a single admin on the board that i'm looking at (not jira as a whole)

How do i tell if it is cloud or self-hosted?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 24, 2023

What is the base URL of Jira?

Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 24, 2023

It is not Cloud, but a Jira Data Center instance.

You should contact one of the Jira administrators (there is normally a link in the footer) and report the problem to him.

thank you for your help

Suggest an answer