multiple reviewers

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 5, 2014

I'd like to be able to allow users to select multiple reviewers to review a ticket (in succession, not simultaneously). This seems like it would be a commonly requested functionality, but is there a standard way to do this in Jira?

For example, one implementation might look like this: developer clicks a "Ready to Review" button, which opens a window where he can select reviewers by clicking in a multi-select list. Then, each selected reviewer would get a notification that they need to review the ticket. As soon as they do so, the next reviewer on the list would get notified, and so on. (So the ticket would automatically get assigned to the next reviewer on the list.)

I understand that Crucible has this functionality built-in, but is there a way to do this with JIRA? Or would it require a custom plugin?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Michael Simon
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 6, 2014

if you only have a set number of reviewers you might be able to do it via a custom workflow. But it could get ugly and clugy... Have you looked at https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/de.polscheit.jira.plugins.group-sign-offNot sure if this would solve your needs.

Kevin Mote
Rising Star
Rising Star
January 6, 2014

That plugin looks like it might be exactly what I need. I notice it is highly rated as well. Thanks for the tip! I'll check it out.

UPDATE: The plugin was perfect for my needs. Thanks for the tip!

Suggest an answer