@mention not working in a custom text field

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 23, 2014

I have a custom text field (>255) chars.  I have verified that the all users browse is configured, the wiki renderer is turned on (in fact I have tested making sure I can do some wiki), the users have browse, etc. The @mention for the comments and description field for the same issue for the same user work fine.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2014

Hi Susan,

This is actually the current behavior. We are tracking a suggestion to allow users to use mentions within custom fields as well on https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRA-32563.

I'd advise you to vote on this suggestion to increase its popularity and add yourself as a watcher to receive any further updates regarding it, but at this time unfortunately I don't think there's any way to do this. sad

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 24, 2014

I have voted and am watching this issue. A workaround does exist (bracket, squiggle, username, close bracket)

Suggest an answer