jira software and jira service management - getting email notification for my own comments

Joël Kemnitzer March 27, 2023

Hello dear community,

as a site admin, a question has reached me about users receiving email notifications about their own comments.
Unfortunately I could not find any setting (e.g. notification scheme) that no mails should be sent for own comments.
Where can this be turned off?

Example:
In the project settings (jira software / jira service management) the notifications can be controlled for the comments. For example, if the creator is set in this option, he will receive notifications about comments from others and his own.

Many thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Joey

3 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 27, 2023

Hi @Joël Kemnitzer , if it is happening on all projects and for any updates then can you have the users check their personal settings under their Avatar (top right corner). Be sure the following is off.

B66068E0-CD83-43E3-98FF-37D3CC7000CF.jpeg

next, if that isn't it then check for any Automations that might be sending emails.

Hi @Jack Brickey
great! Thank you!

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 28, 2023

@Joël Kemnitzer , if you feel your question is properly answered please accept the answer.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

Hi,

Welcome to the community

The user need to go to this personal setting and uncheck the following option :

You make changes to the issue

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-software-cloud/docs/manage-your-jira-personal-settings/#p1

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 27, 2023

yep

Hi @Mohamed Benziane
thanks! (:

0 votes
Joël Kemnitzer October 11, 2023

Hello @Jack Brickey and @Mohamed Benziane
I'm back on this article.
For now, I wanted to let you know that the answers given are helpful. (Please apologize for the very late feedback and acknowledgment that it is helpful.)
However, the problem with reporters in the JSM context still exists. I submitted a feature request to Atlassian for this purpose. (Unfortunately, I accidentally created this for servers and not for cloud.)
Maybe you can help me with this too?
Click here for the ticket: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JSDSERVER-14147

Kind regards,
Joey

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS