issues not showing in active sprints

Teressa Reed September 27, 2018

I have issues in an active sprint that are not showing on the backlog or active sprint boards. We have multiple boards within the project, but this is the only board that does not display issues.

I have confirmed that issuetype is correct in filter, sprints are assigned to sprint and sprint is open.

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
September 27, 2018

Hi Teressa

A few things to check :

• Do you have access to those issues? (you will only see issues that you are supposed to see)
  • Check the Columns tab under Board settings to ensure that there are no statuses in the Unmapped section on the right hand side
  • Check the board filter to ensure that it is correctly including those issues

Hope this helps

Teressa Reed September 28, 2018

Yes on all of the above. I did more digging and was finally able to find the cause and correct issue.

Like chahin nasser likes this
Jayesh Joshi January 11, 2021

Hi Teressa,

Please share the details of the root cause. I am similar issue.

Thanks,

Jayesh

Like Vyal Pillay likes this
Teressa Reed January 11, 2021

Hi Jayesh,

I should have done that when I found the cause back in 2018!. We haven't encountered this issue again since upgrading to a more recent version.

Sorry couldn't be more helpful. Good luck!

Teressa

1 vote
Sesh Rangasami January 12, 2022

Under the project, right component should be selected. Epic link that you include in the story or task should also have same component. Sprint number should be the current Sprint (number). Taking care of the above will enable the backlog to be viewed in Active Sprint board.

Manjula S April 21, 2022

even after this, tickets are not showing. They show up when changed to in progress state. but not in to do state

Sesh Rangasami April 21, 2022

Go configure the board. To do column should be mapped to 'To Do'. Title alone would not be of help. Active Sprint board is a reflection of Query.

Like mpietro40 likes this
0 votes
Gavan Shanley November 9, 2023

TLDR: Check if what you are basing your swimlanes on can actually show on the board. Test this by setting "Base swimlanes on" = "No Swimlanes" and seeing if your items appear in your "Active Sprint"

I just solved a similar problem like this:

The person had configured the board to have swimlanes based on Epics, however the filter didnt specify any specific issue type but did require a custom field to be "Squad A".

But Epics did not have this custom field, therefore when it came to display the "Active Sprint" based on Epics, it didnt have anything to show, so didnt show anything!

0 votes
Arjun Bogati July 29, 2021

Configure: Board and

Make sure the Swimlanes is set to "Assignee"

Suggest an answer