how to view tickets filed by me

Vikram Ingleshwar June 28, 2021

I've logged into JIRA and don't find easy way to goto all the tickets filed by me or some other person

very confusing and bad UI + UX here, can't do basic thing of finding tickets.

You should do loads of Usability Testing

Screen Shot 2021-06-29 at 10.57.17 AM.png

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 28, 2021

Hi @Vikram Ingleshwar ,

Click on Filters and try creating your own filters.

JQL can be like  reporter='vikram'

Save the filter and you can add it to your dashboard. 

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

or reporter = currentUser() might be more dynamic.

I agree they might need to put the "Advanced Search" option a bit more prominent but it's there under "filters"

Like # people like this
Niranjan
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 29, 2021

Agreed @Dirk Ronsmans . Thanks . Vikram has also asked for viewing tickets by others and so suggested using the username in the filter.

Vikram Ingleshwar June 29, 2021

There is no way to do this without SQL ?

I mean through UI itself ?

Dirk Ronsmans
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2021

@Vikram Ingleshwar This is not SQL.

This is the advanced search function through the UI. You can use the basic option and then you can select fields and values but if you need something more complex you need to use JQL (Jira Query Language) but within the UI.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwareserver/advanced-searching-939938733.html

Like Vikram Ingleshwar likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events