how to configure JIRA 4.0.2?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2011

Hi, I am new to atlassian usage and downloaded the atlassian sdk version 3.7.2, but when i followed the steps to configure and executed the atlas-run command, I saw JIRA 4.4 was started. Can you please advice me which version of sdk i need to take, or how to start JIRA 4.0.2 with this installed sdk? Thanks in advance.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2011

Have a look in the pom.xml file - you can change the version of Jira the project is aiming for. 4.4 is a default.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 14, 2011

Hi Nic, Thanks for your advice. I found version as 4.4 in pom.xml and changed it to 4.0.2. Can i keep the data version and amps.version values as it is?

<properties>

<jira.version>4.0.2</jira.version>

<jira.data.version>4.4</jira.data.version>

<amps.version>3.7.2</amps.version>

</properties>

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2011

I think amps should be fine, but you should keep the data version the same as the application version. I've never worried about the point releases (as Atlassian never seem to change the database on point releases), but for Jira 4.0.?, I'd set the data version to 4.0. Similarly, for Jira 4.1.x, use data version 4.1, Jira 4.2.x, data 4.2 and so-on.

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2011

Hi Nic, Thanks for your Reply. My Jira is locked when i stared the server. I observed the below message when creating skeleton. Could you please advise me on this?

151K downloaded (crowd-rest-application-management-2.2.8-javadoc.jar)

[INFO] Wrote settings to C:\Srinivas\Workspace\JIRA4.4Plugins\.settings\org.eclipse.j

[INFO] Wrote Eclipse project for "JIRA4.4Plugins" to c:\Srinivas\Workspace\JIRA4.4Plu

[INFO]

Sources for some artifacts are not available.

List of artifacts without a source archive:

o com.atlassian.jira:atlassian-jira:4.4.1

o jta:jta:1.0.1

o jaxen:jaxen:1.1.1

o mockobjects:alt-jdk1.3:0.07

o com.atlassian.extras:atlassian-extras:2.2.2

o com.atlassian.crowd:embedded-crowd-api:2.2.8

o com.atlassian.crowd:embedded-crowd-core:2.2.8

o com.atlassian.crowd:embedded-crowd-spi:2.2.8

o com.atlassian.crowd:crowd-api:2.2.8

o com.atlassian.crowd:crowd-integration-api:2.2.8

o org.springframework:spring-web:2.0.6

o com.atlassian.crowd:crowd-core:2.2.8

Javadoc for some artifacts is not available.

List of artifacts without a javadoc archive:

o log4j:log4j:1.2.15

o javax.mail:mail:1.4.1

o javax.activation:activation:1.1.1

o xerces:xercesImpl:2.9.1

o jta:jta:1.0.1

o opensymphony:webwork:1.4-atlassian-17

o webwork:pell-multipart-request:1.31.0

o opensymphony:propertyset:1.5

[INFO] ------------------------------------------------------------------------

[INFO] BUILD SUCCESSFUL

[INFO] Total time: 15 minutes 45 seconds

[INFO] Finished at: Thu Dec 15 12:18:16 PST 2011

[INFO] Final Memory: 78M/341M

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2011

It's just warning you that source/docs aren't available for some of the libraries you're using. Generally, nothing to worry about - the "build successful" is the important message

What do you mean by "locked" though? What's the message?

srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 14, 2011

when i run atlas-run command to start the jira instance, i got many bundled exceptions and at the final i see the locked message.

INFO] 2011-12-15 12:30:51,853 main ERROR [plugin.osgi.factory.OsgiPlugin] Detected an error (BundleException) enabling the plugin Unresolved constraint in bundle com.atlassian.labs.fastdev-plugin: Unable to resolve 74.0: missing requirement package;. This error usually occurs when your plugin imports a package from another bundle with a specific version constraint and either the bundle providing that packag doesn't meet those version constraints, or there is no bundle available that provides the specified package. For more details on how to fix this, see http://conflunce.atlassian.com/x/1xy6D

INFO] [talledLocalContainer] The following plugins are required by JIRA, but have not been started: Gadget Directory Plugin, Atlasian JIRA - Plugins - Project Config Plugin, Atlassian OAuth Admin Plugin, Embedded Gadges Plugin , Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Shared Application Access Layer (SAL) Plugin, Gadget Dashboard Plugin, Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - Look And Feel Logo Upload Plugin, Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - GadgetsPlugin, Atlassian REST - Module Types, FishEye Plugin, Gadget Spec Publisher Plugin, Atlassian JIRA - Plugins - REST Plugin , Atlassian OAuth Service Provide Plugin , Opensocial Plugin (com.atlassian.gadgets.opensocial)

INFO] 2011-12-15 12:30:53,647 main FATAL [atlassian.jira.upgrade.UpgradeLauncher] Skipping, JIRA is locked.

INFO] 2011-12-15 12:30:53,647 main INFO [atlassian.jira.scheduler.JiraSchedulerLauncher] JIRA Scheduler not started: JIRA startup checklist failed.

WARNING] Dec 15, 2011 12:30:53 PM org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationContext log

WARNING] INFO: org.tuckey.web.filters.urlrewrite.UrlRewriteFilter INFO: loaded (conf ok)

2011-12-15 12:30:53,818 main FATAL [jira.web.dispatcher.JiraWebworkActionDispatcher]

JIRA startup failed, JIRA has been locked.

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2011

There are two ways to do it:
1. Mention the JIRA version as an argument to atlas-run; make sure you run atlasclean,
if you already have the latest version deployed:
.. Run atlas-clean (if required).
.. Run atlas-run –v 4.1.2 or atlas-run –version 4.1.2 if you are
developing for JIRA version 4.1.2. Replace the version number with a version
of your choice.
2. Permanently change the JIRA version in your plugin pom.xml:
.. Go to your pom.xml.
.. Modify the jira.version property value to the desired version.
.. Modify the jira.data.version to a matching version.
This is how it will look for JIRA 4.1.2:
<properties>
<jira.version>4.1.2</jira.version>
<jira.data.version>4.1</jira.data.version>
</properties>

0 votes
srinivasp
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 19, 2011

I deleted the repository and started a fresh installation. Now i am able to run JIRA in my local instance. :)

Thanks for all your support guys.

Suggest an answer