export epics and stories in a csv

Hi everyone,

I need to export all my backlog in a csv. Versions, Epics and stories (with the link between them).

Exporting stories works fine. But how can I export the epics? I don't want to loose the link between epics and stories.

Thanks for your help.

Jean-Marc

2 answers

Hello Jean-Marc, with the default Jira export to CSV you can't export what you need. 

You will need to use a third-party app, one that fits you is Exporter: https://marketplace.atlassian.com/plugins/com.deiser.jira.exporter/server/overview

It allows you to export to CSV no only Stories and epics but their link, issue comments, and transitions. In case of Server instances, also Attachments.

I hope it helps,

Cheers

Thanks David for your quick answer.

Basically I need to migrate the whole product backlog of a project running on a JIRA instance hosted on Amazon, to another project running on another JIRA instance .

CSV file is the only way I 've found to do it. I'll have a look at Exporter.

Yes, the CSV export is made especially for migrations.

Good luck the migration, btw!

0 vote

You can take this path:

1. Use the Better Excel Plugin to export epics and stories and whatever info is needed to an Excel file
  2. Open that in Excel
  3. Polish the data if necessary (renaming items, etc.)
  4. Then export that to a CSV file

I am a developer working on this app, and we have several users who took this path.

Suggest an answer

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

How to earn badges on the Atlassian Community

Badges are a great way to show off community activity, whether you’re a newbie or a Champion.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in Jira

Join our webinar: How 1B+ feature flag events helped us build the new Jira

Every time you release software, there's a bit of risk – that there's a bug, that something breaks, or that the feature doesn't resonate with customers. Feature flagging helps make high stakes s...

139 views 0 3
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you