definition of various Status

varsha dongre December 14, 2021

where i can find various definition in Enterprise Agile Jira

I am trying to create new kanban board and there is various status available.

i want to know the definition of each status

for e.g Ready for Test 2 , REady for Test 3 , modeling in progress etc

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

Welcome to the Community!

The status is descriptive of where an issue is in the life-cycle your team is in.  We can't tell you what your status mean to your organisation.

Jira does ship with a number of status, but the three you have named are not off-the-shelf ones, they've been defined by your admins for your teams, based on the process the team wants to work on.

So we can't explain them for you, especially when you haven't give us the context in which they are being used (we'd want to see the workflow they're used in, and ask the teams using the projects what their process is)

Thanks for your quick response. we  are the new team starting Kanban board in Agile jira. I try to create board and created few columns.. 

attached is few work flow i have seen in my peer team.

could you please help definition for each workflow workflow- eng agile-default kanban workflow.PNG

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 14, 2021

We can't tell you what your process is.

You will need to ask the team who built the workflows what they mean by their name for each status they have created.

"Done" is the only one in there that is a standard off-the-shelf status, and it means what it says - a "done" issue is done. 

sure, i will ask the scrum master.

are you able to give me link or details of standard off the shelf status and the definitions please

Thank you so much for your guidance  

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 14, 2021

It won't tell you much.  The default status are things like:

Stat

Status  Meaning
 Open Open 
 To-do To do 
 In progress  In progress
 Resolved Resolved (issue has a resolution set) 
 Closed Closed (same as done)

Suggest an answer