default filter for users in issuse navigator

Stefan Maus February 18, 2013

Hi everyone,

How can I set a default filter for the ISSUSE-Naviagtor for the user group? All users should be able to see only their issues! They should not have permission to change the filter or select a different one.

Greeting,

stefan

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MJ
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2013

Hi Stefan,
It is not possible to set a default issue filter for a group. You can limit users from creating/editing shared objects (like filters) by removing them from the "Create Shared Objects" permission under the global permissions. You can limit users to being able to see their own issues by adding an issue security scheme to the relevant project. Add a security level to the scheme, and add entities to the level to enable them to see the issues. Depending on what you exactly consider to the issue of "a" user, this would probably be the entities "Reporter" and "Current Assignee" and to maintain administration capabilities for higher level users you might want to add something like the Project role or Group Administrators to it as well. Set the level as default to be automatically taken over on all issues in projects using that scheme

As an alternative for the issue filter, you can create "Filter result" gadget displaying issues to which the current user is assigned, or of which the current user is reporter (or both) on the dashboard of the users.

First of all thanks for the quick response.

I have added "Security Scheme" to the project. Nevertheless, the users are able to see all issues of the project.

The goal is that a user (the reporter) can only see the issuses which he has created.

That was my fault. Forget it.

Tthe "Security Schema" wasn't the default "schema" for new issues.

Suggest an answer