count the amount of selected checkboxes options

Louisa Pabst July 23, 2015

Hi,

i want to count how many checkbox options are selected! I've already seen something like this:

def count = 0;
def test1 = cfValues['Checkbox Customfield']?.getValue() == 'Option1';
def test2 = cfValues['Checkbox Customfield']?.getValue() == 'Option2';
	if(test){
		count++;
	}
	if(test2){
		count++;
	}

However, this code does not work! Does anyone has another idea how it could work? Maybe in a less complicated way?

Best regards,

Louisa

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Louisa Pabst July 26, 2015

So with the following code it works:

def numberselected = issue.getCustomFieldValue(ComponentManager.getInstance().getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Checkbox Customfield")).size();

Thanks Nic for your help smile

Best regards,

Louisa

1 vote
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2015

I'd go with

def numberselected = cfValues['Checkbox Customfield']?.getValue().size()

The getValue should be returning an array of all the currently selected options, so all you should need to do is count them, and you can do that with the size function.

Thank you for fast response! Unfortunately, it still does not work. Do I have to define cfValues? Or do I have to import anything to be able to use cfValues?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2015

Ah, I was assuming you'd only given a snippet of script and had already dealt with fetching cfValues in a bit you hadn't posted. From scratch, you should be able to use this in a scripted field: def numberselected = getCustomFieldValue("Checkbox Customfield")?.getValue().size() If you're running this somewhere else, it may need to change.

I'll use it in a scripted postfunction! I tried: def numberselected = issue.getCustomFieldValue(ComponentAccessor.getCustomFieldManager().getCustomFieldObjectByName("Checkbox Customfield"))?.getValue().size(); But it still does not work!

Suggest an answer