complete sprint button missing

mdcldotio February 4, 2019

We cannot start the next sprint as it says the active sprint must closed.

The active sprint shows no complete sprint button..

what to do?

5 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

Hello,

If the active sprint does not have the complete button, it means that you do not have permissions to close the sprint. You must have the manage sprints permission for all projects, from which your board selects issues, to close this sprint.

mdcldotio February 5, 2019

I have those permission and am the admin.  It says user is a member of all groups.

Also, if you don't have permission the button is meant to be greyed out?

Like Aleksandar Gospodinov likes this
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 5, 2019

In some UI the button is absent, in some UI the button is greyed out. 

Parallel sprints are managed in Applications -Jira Software Configuration. You can enable the parallel sprints feature.

A screenshot with the absent button would help.

Like 黄文博 likes this
0 votes
Answer accepted
mdcldotio February 5, 2019

No idea why, there were two previous sprints.

The first sprint was not completed but the second sprint was allowed to start and the the third sprint would not not start.

i had to close the first sprint, the the second before it would allow the third to start.  Why did the second sprint start?

5 votes
Kashif junaid February 13, 2022

I was facing the same issue, found no answers online. Logged out of my account and when I logged back in, the complete sprint button was there. I don't know why it happened but logging out and back in worked for me. 

Ben Weisman April 12, 2022

I just wanted to note that I had the same issue and logging out and back in does indeed fix the issue.

Like # people like this
Mathias Tunared April 24, 2022

Same here, had to logout and login to make it appear again.

Like Arshad M likes this
pdjong June 8, 2022

yes, logging in and out worked for me as well, thanks!

Isuru Sandaruwan August 4, 2022

Just refreshing the web page does the trick!

Kateřina Pleskačová January 19, 2023

Yes, had the same issue and closing the window and opening it again solved it for me as well.

ganna_kyselevych June 9, 2023

Same. Logout login helped

1 vote
Marina Veselić March 9, 2023

For people searching for the solution in case, everyone HAS all the sprint permissions on all of the projects on the board and logging off and on again didn't help:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/the-complete-sprint-button-is-missing-from-agile-boards-1188397476.html

Scenario 1 helped in my case and is interesting to know. 

Cheers,
Marina

Clemens Fischer April 11, 2023

This solved my problem because the button to complete the Sprint is only present in the 'Active Sprint' view. Thanks!

0 votes
shahid.shaikh.ss2 July 21, 2022

Log out and logging in might help which I have not tried but one of the solutions which I came across was checking the product backlog to see if there are multiple sprints active . This might happen if we move backlog items from one board to another if there are multiple teams working on a common backlog.  

Just making sure the user stories are tagged to correct team and correct sprint with no 2 active sprints in a since team helped me . 

Suggest an answer