can I remove a field in the bulk edit page

Praveen September 12, 2017

Hi, 

I need to remove unwanted fields from the bulk edit section in jira? or is it possible to create a new operation where we can define only a few required fields using script runner?

3 answers

1 vote
Oleksandr Chalyi February 12, 2019

Facing the same problem, please vote for new suggestions:

Allow more selection options in the JIRA Field Configuration Screen
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68836

Allow only custom fields in project scope to be shown in field config linked to the project
https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRASERVER-68837

0 votes
DevOps-Tally_ August 7, 2018

My feild configuration scheme is mapped with so many fields configuration.changing a field from "required" to "optional" will affect the other field configurations as well right?During bulk update there are only few fields that a user has to fill. How to view them and make the bulk update fields optional.?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 7, 2018

No, your field configurations are all separate.  But it sounds like you are sharing them.  A change to a shared scheme will take effect everywhere the scheme is used.

It sounds like you need to split the field configurations up so you can remove some fields from the issues.

0 votes
Walter Buggenhout
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 12, 2017

Hi Praveen,

First check you Custom Fields configuration. Check out Field configuration schemes documentation and Custom field configuration documentation.

The field configuration scheme and field configuration (especially the context) are key parts in determining visibility and the field being required or not across projects and issue types.

These configurations will reflect in bulk update operations as well.

Suggest an answer