asset tag field and knowledge base linking

Admin February 25, 2019

So we created a custom field for asset tags for our ticketing system and for some reason it auto inserts a comma upon typing in a number, which it should not. Does anyone have a way of preventing it from doing that?

Also when we go to link or Jira ServiceDesk and Confluence knowledgebase, the Oauth shows all green that they are properly talking to each other, but no matter what I  try, they refuse to link to each other and end up erroring out. 

also, keep in mind, you may need to bust out your crayons and kindergarten it for me as I'm still fairly new to Jira. 

Thanks!

1 answer

0 votes
Claudiu Lionte
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 25, 2019

Hi Terry,

Most likely your asset tag field is of type number, so Jira inserts a thousands separator. You can avoid this by changing the field's type to text, eventually single-line for simplicity.

Regarding the other issue, what applications are you trying to link together? Jira Cloud and Confluence Cloud are already linked if they are on the same URL.

Admin February 25, 2019

Alright so fixed the asset tag field, had to delete the old one and create a new field with the single line text, hoping that didn't mess anything up. 

as for the linking, we run both confluence server/and Jira ServiceDesk server. 

Suggest an answer