advanced search don't show story point estimate

Swaen Boutu January 4, 2019

Hello erveryone,

I'm trying to make some export of some information from my sprint using advanced search in JQL. My problem is the result table doesn't show the "Story point estimate" column value even if I'm sure this value is set.

I'm not sure to be very clear so here are 2 screenshots, I'll hope will help you understanding my problem.

1.png2.png

Please can you explain to me if I'm doing something wrong?

Thanks

4 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
EmmaHackIT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2019

I also have this exact problem. I have checked all the configs and it all looks good. I'll try your other suggestions though Petterson

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 16, 2019

Hello Emma,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Investigating a little bit further on this, I found out a bug that might be causing some confusion regarding the Story Point Estimate field:

Story points turns into Story point estimate in new issue view

Allow me to explain it better:

Today, we have two fields on JIRA to track story points:

Story Points field - For classic projects

Story Point Estimate - For Next-gen projects

However, when in the new issue view the Story Points field displays as Story Point Estimate, although it's still displayed as Story points in the Project screens.

That been said, check if you are using the equivalent field for your project and make sure you are not trying to add the estimation in the wrong field due to that confusing bug.

@Swaen Boutu please check if you are not facing this problem too.

EmmaHackIT
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 16, 2019

I have the fields shown in the screenshot. In the tasks, the estimates show up in backlog view and in the issue view as shown. The 'Estimate' field hover over name is 'Story Points'

I can't work our if the bug you mention is related or not @Petter Gonçalves 

Untitled drawing.jpgScreenshot 2019-04-16 at 15.58.28.png

0 votes
andre christianto
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
November 10, 2021

I have the same problem 

I want to make a report and has to do with new STORY POINT ESTIMATE

it does not show in any column search result
and the column it self is broken the done button is often can't be click because it further down bellow the bottom of the browser layer

why jira is just, such a pain

in order to do one thing need to buy on market place , for event a simplest things

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
January 4, 2019

Hello Swaen,

That's a really strange problem.

I was not able to reproduce the same problem in my JIRA Cloud instance. For now, I would verify the following possibilities for the root cause:

- Check if you don't have other custom fields (Manually created or created by a plugin) with the same name Story Point Estimate on the custom field section.

- Check if the problem reproduces when using a different browser or in incognito mode

- Navigate to the field configuration > Find the Estimate Story and change the context to any other issue type. Then, change it back and check if the story points start displaying.

We will be waiting for your answer.

0 votes
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2019

Hello,

Strange. I just checked on my Jira Cloud instance and it works as expected.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events