Work Log Reports Not Accurate

GilK
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2012

Hi,

I have an administration issue type (to log vacations, sick leaves, etc.) that is assigned to me, but all employees log work into it.

However, when I export a detailed report for the issue types, I get only one row per ticket that summerize the log work.

I want to get a row for each log work occured.

BTW - in the issue history I can see all the log works (the user, the time, and the log work).

Please help,

Thanks,

Janiv,.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
MatthewC
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 1, 2012

If you want to do this inside Jira, I would use the Tempo plugin (http://www.tempoplugin.com/). It's built just for this type of request. Use it to prodce similar reports.

If you don't want that (as it costs) you can do it via a SQL query, something like:

select JI.ID, JI.pkey, JI.SUMMARY, JI.TIMEESTIMATE, JI.TIMESPENT  
,WL.AUTHOR,WL.worklogbody, WL.CREATED, WL.updated,WL.UPDATEAUTHOR, WL.startdate, WL.timeworked
from "Jira42"."jira"."jiraissue" JI
, "Jira42"."jira"."worklog" WL
where JI.id=WL.issueid
order by JI.PKEY

and if you want a slightly nicer interface, you can use the {sql} and {run} macros to do an interactive report within confluence. This example will give you the list of worklogs for a specific issue but you could change it to be by issuetype or project.....

{run:heading=Worklog Report|prompt=Find Worklogs|replace=jiraKey::Issue Key:}
{sql:dataSource=jirareader|output=wiki|showSql=true|macros=true|columnLabel=true|showsql=true}
select JI.ID, JI.pkey, JI.SUMMARY, JI.TIMEESTIMATE, JI.TIMESPENT
,WL.AUTHOR,WL.worklogbody, WL.CREATED, WL.updated,WL.UPDATEAUTHOR, WL.startdate, WL.timeworked
from "Jira42"."jira"."jiraissue" JI
, "Jira42"."jira"."worklog" WL
where JI.id=WL.issueid and JI.PKEY='$jiraKey'
{sql}
{run} 

Suggest an answer