Will updating to latest version affects my current data?

Lena Coquiat January 17, 2018

Company is currently using v6.4 and I want to update it to the latest version.

Will this delete all their set up and current data?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Thomas Schlegel
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 17, 2018

Hi Lena, no, of course an update does not delete your data. That would be horrible and noone would ever do an update :-)

But also, you should be careful doing the update, test it first in a staging environment and backup all of of your data before installing the update.

You should carefully read all the upgrade notes, which Atlassian is providing for each version between yours and the latest one.

Lena Coquiat January 19, 2018

Thanks! If I am to upgrade, will it be a new fee? is there any discounts since I already purchased lower version?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 20, 2018

Your licence for most Atlassian applications is for "the most recent version and below".  Upgrades have no licence cost. 

If your licence expires and you do not renew, then you can still upgrade, but only to a version that was released before the expiry.

Suggest an answer