• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Where can I find a complete list of all ORDER BY options?

I am having trouble locating a full list of ORDER BY options... when I use the Issue Navigator it shows the first 10 or so options and then indicates there are ~465 other options but I can't scroll through them.  So, I need to type a keyword in order to see if it exists.  Is there a comprehensive list somewhere?  When I tried google searches I couldn't get past finding syntax related questions.  I have no idea how to narrow my search.  If anyone can point me to a comprehensive list of sort options (with descriptions of what they do would be a plus as well).

Thanks!

2 answers

1 vote

There's no direct "comprehensive list" because the list is variable and unique to each instance.  The short answer is "Order by <any of your fields>"

The technical rule  for the list is "Any field that uses a searcher that provides ordering".

The longer version is that the list is made up of

• System fields
  • Aliases for system fields (due and due date for example)
  • Fields provided by Applications such as Software or Service Desk
  • All custom fields (that have been given a searcher that supports ordering - by default, they all are, but I mention it because you may have someone who wanted a field that can't be searched or sorted, and hence removed the searcher for it)
0 votes
Olga Videc Community Leader Jan 07, 2021

Hello @Steven Robinson 

There is no "strict" list on this but you can order by any field or custom field.

From Atlassian documentation

"Used to specify the fields by whose values the search results will be sorted.

By default, the field's own sorting order will be used. You can override this by specifying ascending order ("asc") or descending order ("desc")."

Order by  documentation.

BR, Olga

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you