What is the simplest way to connect to Tempo API?

Michael January 23, 2020

My goal is to check if several users of Jira have tracked their time. 

We track time by Tempo plugin. I found so many ways how to connect to the API. 

I found there resources: 

And some others. I've git lost what to use and how to connect.

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Michael 

If this question has been tagged correctly, you're using Jira cloud? Then I would go with the first link that you gave, because it is for cloud and is also using the latest API, v3. This is the document that I use

The other links seem to be related to the server version

Michael January 23, 2020

Hi, @Warren . Thanks for help :)

Yes, I think i need Jira cloud. In the first link, there is point about connection.

Should I connect as throw API token (Bearer Token) or use Oauth 2.0.

if second, what is should put in Redirect URIs? (I am an admin in Jira)

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 23, 2020

Hi @Michael 

You should be using OAuth 2.0, as per the below from that link

Screenshot_1.jpg

Like # people like this
Vjaceslavs February 25, 2020

Hello,

I don't understand too what to put in Redirect URIs in the second case?

Slava.

Vladyslav Huba July 16, 2020

Hi @Warren ,

As a backend API developer, trying to get access to Tempo sheets without any frontend whatsoever, I don't understand too what to put in the Redirect URI too. Can you assist what to put there in this case?

In the meantime, I'll try using access token from API Integration section, since it doesn't seem to require some redirects and so on.

Warren
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 16, 2020

Hi @Vladyslav Huba 

If you're looking at the Tempo documentation link above and trying to connect as an individual user, there is no need for a Redirect URI. You just use your own email address and the API token. Working through that process, you are never asked for a Redirect URI.

If that is not what you're doing, let me know exactly what it is that you're trying and where it asks for this URI.

Like Brock Jolet likes this
Salesforce Jira Integration
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
February 20, 2024

Hi @Warren The second method using Oauth. While creating an app in tempo it asks for redirect url. what should we enter in the redirect url. To know more please check the attached picScreenshot 2024-02-20 at 1.09.32 PM.png

5 votes
Majo June 1, 2021

For anyone struggling to make the API work:
You actually have to pass the term "Bearer " in the request. I spent two hours passing my email id.

Also you SHOULD'NT encode the API_TOKEN. Code below FYR :

def TEMPO_URL = "https://api.tempo.io/core/3/worklogs/issue/CTI-1";
def TEMPO_TOKEN = "yHq0o232323Rr9sdsdsS61n1IufgfggTAEOOAj4";

String basicAuth = "Bearer " + TEMPO_TOKEN;
def connection = new URL(TEMPO_URL).openConnection() as HttpURLConnection;
connection.setRequestProperty( "Authorization", basicAuth );

Suggest an answer