What is the best way to setup for multi-platform projects?

Jon Gross January 17, 2019

We will be starting a software project that will have an iOS, Android, Single Page Application clients with a backend server component that has a REST API.  I am looking for documentation or examples of the best way to set this up in Jira Software.

One specific thing I am looking to understand is... Should each platform be a unique project so that we can easily track each platform release or is there a better way to manage the release of each platform?

Thanks in advance for your comments.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jakub Hanak
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 17, 2019

Hello @Jon Gross

from my point of view, this is the typical case for using Components in project. Every part (iOS, Android etc...) will be separate Components and thanks to this it will be easy to manage nad track. I would not start spearate project for every part, just use Components and Versions. 

Best regards,

Jakub 

Andrew Kovalenko September 10, 2019

Hi, Jakub.

But how do you assign and manage release versioning for different platforms and keep it in sync with app stores?

Thanks.

Andrew

Suggest an answer