What Are the Best Ways to Use Atlassian Tools for a Small Business?

Hellstar Sports
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 28, 2024

Hi! I’m trying to understand how to use Atlassian tools like Jira and Confluence better for my small business. I’d love to know what the best practices are, especially for managing projects and keeping my team organized.
I have a small online business of E-commerce website , Hellstar sports

Does anyone have advice on using these tools effectively for a small business? Any tips for beginners would be really helpful! Thank you!

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Nikola Perisic
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 28, 2024

Welcome @Hellstar Sports 

Jira offers pleny of templates that you can choose from: https://www.atlassian.com/software/jira/templates

There are two types of projects:

• Team-managed - suited for small teams that want to start right away with their project tracking,everything is managable by a project admin
  • Company-managed - more customization options, can only be created by Jira admins, containts permissions, notification, workflows, custom fields, quick filters and more

Some of the best practices include:

• Foster good communication with your team members - that way you will know which issues are in progress, which require more time, etc.
  • Keep workflows simple - don't include too much statuses
  • User management - give access to the users who really need the access to your project
  • Permissions - make sure that you manage which users can do which operations
  • Use Agile boards - Jira offers both Scrum and Kanban

Scrum - finishing work in small increments by completing sprints

One sprint shouldn't be longer than 2 weeks. Every day there is a daily stand up where the scrum team is discussing what was done yesterday, what will be done today and if there are any blockers.Scrum is for those who like estimations and a structure.

Kanban is much more light weight than Scrum. It's focus is on the continuous work and limiting WIP (work in progress) issues.

Suggest an answer