Next:
badges earned

Your Points Tracker
Challenges
Leaderboard
  • Global
  • Feed

Badge for your thoughts?

You're enrolled in our new beta rewards program. Join our group to get the inside scoop and share your feedback.

Join group
Recognition
Give the gift of kudos
You have 0 kudos available to give
Who do you want to recognize?
Why do you want to recognize them?
Kudos
Great job appreciating your peers!
Check back soon to give more kudos.

Past Kudos Given
No kudos given
You haven't given any kudos yet. Share the love above and you'll see it here.

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Want to install jira locally

how the Jira is installed locally? As i don't see license type -Jira Software (Server). is it possible Jira locally instead using license type- Jira Cloud or Jira Data center? if yes, please share the steps. Thanks

2 answers

Hi @Farhan Faqeer ,

We can install Jira locally and use the evaluation licenses. Here is the document to install Jira locally: https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/install-a-jira-trial-1044784650.html 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Kevin.

Thanks for quick reply. 

For local installation which license type  needs to be select?

if I select Jira software (cloud) and generate License getting error. Screenshot is attached

If I select Jira software Data center and generate License then what will be the next steps to complete setup.

Please check attached screenshots

jira error.JPGLicense.JPG

@Farhan Faqeer if you need a server instance in your local you can create a Datacenter and server evaluation license, and use it in the locally installed Jira

What will be the next steps on this screen? where we will use this license?

Please share the steps. Thanks

datacn.JPG

1. Click New Evaluation License / New Trail License to create a new key with an additional 30 days of trial time. Please note that you'll need your Server ID to generate the key. 
  2. Apply this key to your server installation by navigating to Applications > Versions & Licenses.

Can you please share the any video link of complete installation?

In your shared video, there is license type - Jira Software(Server) and after generate license system display confirmation popup ' Wish to install license on local host'?

But when I setup ,system does not dconfirm popup.JPGjira error.JPGJira.JPGYT screenshot.JPGisplay license type- Jira Software(Server).

Following License types are available to me

1-Jira Software(Cloud) 2-Jira Software(Data Center)

When I generate license for Jira Software(Cloud) ,system throws error ' Something went wrong. Please contact administrative' and for Jira Software(Data center), License generated but no any confirmation popup to install  on local host. 

Screenshots are attached. 

First, there were 3 types, cloud, server, and data center. Now there are only 2 types, cloud, server & data center. Both server and data center are combined. once the license is generated you copy it and update it in your server as per the below doc.

https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver0713/licensing-your-jira-applications-964984010.html 

BTW what Jira version are you using? It would be useful for me to find the docs related to your installed version.

Like Farhan Faqeer likes this

Thanks. I am using Following version

Jira Software 8.16.1

@Kevin Johnson  Jira successfully installed on Localhost. Thanks for your coordination 

Like Kevin Johnson likes this

Welcome, @Farhan Faqeer you can mark this question as answered if you have completed your installation successfully.

Like Farhan Faqeer likes this

Jira successfully installed. Thank

Hey @Farhan Faqeer ,

The above answer is not accepted yet. Please refer to the image below to accept answer button.

2019-11-22 10_31_01-Is it possible to restrict the Due Date field entr....png

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you