View my issues/tasks/etc across multiple boards

Some Random User September 5, 2022

Hi, 

I work on mutiple products across various teams, which means I have separate boards to log my tasks and incidents on. 

On another board, I want to be able to track all tickets that I am assigned to across all boards. I do not have edit permissions on all boards, but I am able to raise tickets/view my assigned ones in the other boards. 

The board I want to add the quick filter to is my board that I am an admin for. When adding my JQL queries, such as:

project in ("A","B","C","D") AND assignee in (user1, user2, user3)

No results are shown.

Any ideas? 

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
September 5, 2022

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

A board is a view of a set of issues, so the simple answer is "set up your boards to select what you want to see on them"

If you own a board, this is, of course, a doddle.  But for boards you are not the admin on, you have to ask the admins to make changes.  There is every chance that the teams who own the boards have no interest in showing the issues you think you want to see on them, so they are rightly never going to make those changes.  Remember that boards are intended to be useful for the teams that work off them, not personally customised (but there is, of course, absolutely no harm in creating your own boards for your team of "just me")

Your quick filter looks perfectly good to me, all I can tell you about it is that it's not returning any issues because none on the board match it.  There are no issues in your four projects assigned to the three people you've named (in the current sprint, or moved past backlog if it's a Kanban board)

Some Random User September 5, 2022

Hey, 

Thank you for your details response - which makes sense. I had a feeling due to not being admin on Board B,C,D might be an issue (I am an admin for Board A)

I have a team of 4 people (user 1,2,3,4), I am one of those users. We have issues/tasks across 4 boards, A,B,C,D (with A being our internal board for putting anything on). I was hoping on this board A, I would be able to do a quick filter to show user 1 tasks/issues across A,B,C,D, and user 2, etc. I guess until I am an admin of B,C,D, this would not be possible?

Suggest an answer