View Comments in Issue Navigator

Lior Israeli March 13, 2012

How can I view the comments is Issue Navigator?

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 13, 2012

Can't do it off-the-shelf, but it's quite easy to write a custom field that appears on the issue navigator and shows the comments. I think there's several in various plugins at https://plugins.atlassian.com/ and I think you can do it with a message field from the Jira Toolkit plugin (not tried it though, so don't quote me)

However, I'd warn you against it - the comments are an open-ended field and if you include them all, you can completely kill your view. I've got issues here with 30+ comments, and other issues that have short essays written as comments, and as soon as a filter reutrns one of them, the issue navigator becomes stupidly large and unweildy.

A better implementation is one that shows just the last comment.

Edit - Bother, I didn't notice the OnDemand tag, sorry. I'm not sure you'll be able to implement anything in there, as plugins are restricted

Lior Israeli March 16, 2012

We are using On-Demand so we cannot install plugins :(

How do I "write a custom field that appears on the issue navigator and shows the comments"?

I can add custome field, but how do I get it to have the content of the Comments filed?

Suggest an answer