Version Dependencies

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2012

Is there anywhere I can find all of the version release dependencies for JIRA/Crowd/Confluence/Bamboo/Fisheye/Crucible/Greenhopper? I know you can find some of this information within the JIRA documentation (i.e., Greenhopper 5.2 or older no longer compatible with JIRA 4.2 or Crowd 2.1 or higher required for 4.3), but there's no mention of Fisheye or Bamboo. I have to upgrade our current JIRA from 4.1.2 to at least 5.0.2 and would like to create a matrix of which tool versions are required along the way.

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 1, 2012

I'm going to answer this myself as I thought about this a bit and realized it was really something more logical than I was making it. If JIRA, being the main component for all of the other tools, is being upgraded, then I should upgrade each of the other tools accordingly. Meaning, if I'm upgrading from 4.1.2 to 4.4 for JIRA, then I can easily look at the archived downloads section for each of the other tools and identify the date range for when the 4.4 was released. For instance, 4.4 JIRA would match up with 3.5.11 Confluence, 2.6.5 Fisheye/Crucible, 3.2.2 Bamboo, and 2.3.2 Crowd. From there I'll do an in-place database upgrade to 4.4 for JIRA, and match up the equivalent versions for the other tools too for that date range.

William Wells
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 1, 2012

As a side note, if I had not been skipping so many version in between, then viewing the upgrade notes for JIRA would indicate some deviations, but more than likely the same idea would apply. For instance, 4.2 upgrade requires Greenhopper 5.2.X or higher and a Crowd higher than 2.0.6. However, I already have higher than both of those so I wouldn't have had to upgrade them if I had chosen to upgrade to 4.2. Although, if I had chosen to upgrade to 4.3, then I would have had to Confluence 3.5.x, Crowd 2.1 or higher because both of those were lower on my systems than what the upgrade notes stated.

Suggest an answer