Users receiving "You cannot view this URL as a guest" error message

ITops123
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 20, 2011

Several of our employees, who have permission to access both Jira and Confluence, are suddenly getting messages that they are not logged in after they enter their login information.

I was able to replicate the issue using the account of one of these users.

We have recently initiated Confluence/Jira single-sign-on, so I'm not sure if the issue could be related to that. I double checked the accounts and their user profiles are identical in Confluence and Jira.

A few of the issues encountered:

• Logging on and the page displaying 'Not logged in' errors in different areas of the Dashboard
  • Logging on and pages rendering in code
  • Logging on, clicking a link then getting routed back to the login page

Link to screenshot https://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B6iH3_kRTbMqZmJkNTFhZTEtMzllOC00Yjg5LWIxMmItOGU4NmNkNTNkYmE4&hl=en_US

Anyone know why this might be happening?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
ITops123
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 24, 2011

This was related to our company's move to Crowd, which messed up some user account permissions. We have resolved these now.

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 20, 2011

Seems the users lost some groups that are used only in JIRA? Are they able to login but not access only few links/areas? Then it must be a permission issue.

For example, in the given screenshot, the error is while doing something on an issue. Check for the permissions of that action.

Suggest an answer