User not receiving password reset email

Dilip Daswani May 26, 2020

Hi, 

One of the users at our customers is not receiving emails from Jira Service Desk as well as password and new account setup emails.  She also checked Spam and does not see any emails from Jira. 

The email address of this user is  Auxxxx.xxxla-ext@sxxxfi.com

Other users seem to be receiving emails with no issues. 

I appreciate your help.

Dilip

2 answers

0 votes
Tushar Sethi January 18, 2023

I am facing the same issue. Can someone help please?

Harinder
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 14, 2024

We are also Facing the Same issue, but by all the mentioned options not able to identify anything. Its very critical to get the Password Reset option of one of the approver in matrix.

0 votes
Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020

Hi Dilip,

That is odd. I would start by navigating to <your_instance>/secure/admin/SendTestMail!default.jspa and send a test email to that user. Ensure logging is on and verify the customer actually received the email. You can also check <your_instance>/secure/admin/MailQueueAdmin!default.jspa?page=errorqueue to see if emails to that account are failing. Outside of that I would start looking towards the email account / server as the problem. Cheers.

Neither of the links you provided above work.  So I am not sure how to send a test email or check the logs

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 26, 2020

Hi Dilip,

Send a test email:

1. Click Administration (cog icon)
  2. Click System
  3. Click Outgoing Mail
  4. Click Send Test Email
  5. Modify the email address
  6. Check the SMTP logging box
  7. Click Send

Checking the mail queue:

1. Click Administration (cog icon)
  2. Click System
  3. Click Mail queue
  4. Click the Error queue tab

Cheers!

I can only send bulk email to a group or project role.  But I guess I can create a group of one.

As for the error queue, I do not see an option for Mail Queue under System

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 26, 2020

Hi Dilip,
What version of JSD are you using? You can also add that user to a group and then send the email to that group. Mail Queue may not be in your version, but it will be near the Outgoing Mail option if your version has it. Cheers!

Dilip Daswani May 27, 2020

Hi Joshua, 

I used the send bulk mail capability to send emails to several email addresses including my own and the one that is having the issue. All the users except the one having the issue were able to receive the email. 

Since my version does not seem to have the Mail Queue feature, how do I determine where the issue is? The user has checked their spam and the email is not there either.  

The one thing this user has that is somewhat unique to them is a "-" in their email address which is a legal character for email addresses

Auxxxx.xxxla-ext@sxxxfi.com

but would that possibly cause an issue? 

Thanks for your help. 

Dilip

Joshua Sneed Contegix
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 27, 2020

Hi Dilip,

It is possible that a special character may cause problems according to this ticket for JSD Cloud and this ticket for JSD Serrver. You may want to open a ticket with Atlassian if you have a valid SEN. Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events